Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

60 Meter LSB Frequency issue

Joe Bales
Joe Bales Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a recently received Flex 6400M - Regarding 60 Meter operation - I am having an odd issue with the frequency that I can transmit on.  First off - Digital and CW are working as expected.  For each of the 5 channels I have to have the vfo set 100hz below the normal frequency.  IE CH 3 5.357 will not allow transmit  - I have to go to 5.356.9 in order to transmit and on ch 4 I have to go to 5.371.4 in order to xmit and so on.  this obviously put the receiving station off frequency.   this occurs no matter what bandwidth setting I am on.  typically use 2.7 -  and as mentioned above CW and DIGU work as expected.   Anyone else seen this or can confirm this.  I am all up to date on the newest release of software.  thanks Joe

Answers

• James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited October 2018
    Your TX BW is to wide. Try to reduce your TX BW by 100 and see if that fixes it
  • Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Bingo - I was changing the receive bandwidth but still had tx at 3K -  I should have known this - maybe I did but forgot.  Welcoming myself to the Mid 50's age group.
    Thanks James !!
  • James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited October 2018
    No problem, I did the same thing. Enjoy your radio!
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Shouldn't you be using USB?
  • Joe Bales
    Joe Bales Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes!, great catch - and USB is what I should have typed. Must be the age thing again. JKB4K. Wait I mean K4JKB — 73
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Mid 50's, wait till you hit 70's!!! :-)  

Robert

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.