Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR-Bridge for CWSkimmer can not be controlled CAT thru. SmartLink on SSDR v.2.4.9

Henry Sung
Henry Sung Member ✭✭
Hello there,

Flex SmartSdr v2.4.9 has been released recently, and DAX is supported by Remote at the moment, so digital communication such as FT8 and others are available from the remote sites.

Unfortunately, CW Skimmer via SDR-Bridge can not be connected from remote(WAN).
Data is transmitted through DAX but CAT through TCP Port 7310 does not work. I think there is a problem with communication between SDR-Bridge and SmartLink.

I appreciate if you let me know how to solve of it.

Thanks,

Henry Sung
DE HL1BRU

Comments

• K3SF .
    K3SF . Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    There is a big difference in bandwidth requirements  between DAX and DAXIQ

cwskimmer requires DAXIQ...high bandwidth
    while digitalmodes use DAX...low bandwidth

DAXIQ is NOT supported via smartlink...due to high bandwidth requirement

however , DAX is supported
    and
    i have operated rtty and FT8 via smartlink DAX

• Henry Sung
    Henry Sung Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    ur right for bandwidth however IQ streams are working thru. SmartLink so that I am able to see decoded signal on CWSkimmer from remote location. However the problem I have is CAT control.

The CAT control thru SDR-Bridge is not working on WAN. If I try to connect CAT thru SmartCAT, it is OK however freq. on CWSkimmer need to be calibration. But I can not make calibration even try to over and over again.

Anyway, I guess SDR-Bridge is not ready for SSDR & SmartLink v.2.3.9. so I asked to SDR-Bridge developer regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Henry
    DE HL1BRU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.