Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuning wheel in SDR IOS on iPhone changes sensitivity when pressed

mikeatthebeach .
mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in SmartSDR for iOS
When I press the tuning wheel in SDR IOS on the IPhone I notice the receive sensitivity increase when Tuning wheel is pressed or tuned anyone else notice this? Using IPhone 8 Plus with SDR IOS and My Flex radio 73 Mike WB6DJI

Answers

• W5AP
    W5AP Member
    edited October 2018
     I need help getting my Iphone X to work with SDR IOS.
    When help vertically, I have multiple windows of the same thing and don't know how to move them off the screen. When I switch to horizontal, I then can see the panadaptor and I can key the PTT, but how do I talk over the iPhone?   Do I need an external blue tooth mic? t have the latest SDR IOS. So I don't know what you mean by "tuning wheel'   I have seen a horizontal slider that changes freq -but at a slow rate.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    They have a very good manual on how to use the program.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    edited October 2018
    The tuning wheel is a slider you refer That tuning wheel frequency slider generates more noise in receiver When held down Apparently it increases sensitivity when pressed Signals seem more clear , able to hear them better Thought it might be a program bug
  • mikeatthebeach .
    edited October 2018
    The SDR IOS manual helps you with mic settings
  • NA0B
    NA0B Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Mike,

I do not notice any changes in sensitivity when operating the slider to change frequencies in SDR iOS  (2.4.9 in the Flex at home, and iPhone X).

73 de Juan, NA0B

• Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I believe that the pressure sensitivity is a function of the iOS operating system and not the SmartSDR iOS software.  The pressure sensitivity is called 3D Touch, and, I believe it is available only on iPhones.  It is not available on my iPad Pro, and perhaps not on any of the ipads.  It is adjustable, however.  Google for instructions on how to change the sensitivity.
  • mikeatthebeach .
    edited October 2018
    Talking about Receive Noise increase not Anything due to touch screen sensitivity 73 Mike
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I misunderstood your original post.  I thought you were referring to the sensitivity of the control.  I should have read it more carefully - Sorry!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.