Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTY and PSK

Amlan - AI6XN
Amlan - AI6XN Member
edited September 2018 in New Ideas
Add a built in client for RTTY and PSK out of the box for M models to truly give a PC less operator experience. Of course if you add CW to it that’d be even better. Yes I know I can use all these softwares on a PC or Surface with DAX and CAT, but it’d be very nice to have the option of having it built in too.

Comments

• sky
    sky Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I grew up with RTTY and thoroughly enjoyed it, but without error correction, it is nothing but an historic curiosity IMO.  In the 1990's, I went into Hal's robust 4 tone  Clover II which was fantastic. Today, we have new generations of digital modes to chose to.
    With band conditions dropping to worst imaginable levels, the newer digital modes are no brainers since they are far more robust with error correction and ability to work with moderate power. The days of the required legal limit 1.5KW amps with RTTY 28 ASR terminal with piles of old brittle yellow paper of over for me.  Of course, you pays yer money and makes yer choice. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.