Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Smartlink login issues

Ronald Panetta
Ronald Panetta Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Trying Smartlink access for first time unsuccessfully. Radio is 6600. Client is SmartSDR for iOS on an iPad via 3rd part WiFi.. IOS client sits at “discovering”. Smartlink enabled on iOS client and I can successfully log in with Smartlink credentials. UPnP enabled on router (FIOS-G1100). No other changes made to router. Picture of uPnP forwarding screen att ached to post. How does one fault isolate Smartlink issues? BTW, have not tried it with Maestro yet. Ron, WB2WGH imagen

Answers

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    So I guess the Ipad is not discovering the radio ? It just sits there and spins and doesn't connect

• Ronald Panetta
    Ronald Panetta Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Doug, correct. Just sits and spins on discovery. All good when at home on same network as Flex. Discovery issue only when remote. Remote is one of the 2 reasons I bought the iPad. The other is much more compact form factor than PC and Maestro while at home. Should have titled it a connect issue and not a login issue. Hindsight is 20/20. Was thinking about that earlier today. Ron WB2WGH
  • Ronald Panetta
    Ronald Panetta Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    ThinK i resolved issue. Will find out tomorrow when i can WiFi connect from a third party network. I never registered the radio with SmartLink. Just went through that process a few minutes ago. Looks promising now. Ron, WB2WGH
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Ron did you get it going the reason I ask I am having the same problem only with the Ipad. A few times I have gotten it to connect the radio but can't seem to hold it but a couple of minutes. Here on my home network perfect.
  • Ronald Panetta
    Ronald Panetta Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Doug, yes I did get it going. I was able to log into the radio from a Denny's restaurant wireless network. Performance was poor (serious application latency issues) and suspect that to be poor guest WiFi. I need to test some more with some other 3rd party networks and will update the thread after some additional testing.

For others that might experience the same SmartLink connectivity issue, I missed a step in the following guide:

https://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartlink-quick-start-guide-for-smartsdr-pdf/

Steps from table of contents no longer required with V2.x software as SmartLink already included:
    • Obtain and Install the Software
    • Update the Radio
    • Purchase the Version 2 License
    • Refresh the License Info
    Steps still required with V2.x:
    • Create the SmartLink Account
    • Register the Radio (This is the step I missed)
    • Test the SmartLink Connection (did not perform this step and a non-issue)
    • Connect to Your Radio
    Without that missed step there is no SmartLink association between ones SmartLink account and your physical radio. I did that from the Maestro. I did have a few registration failures and had to repeat that step a few times. Not sure what was going on.

For reference, the local ISP serving my house is Verizon FIOS. Like I said, I'll update this after trying some other WiFi networks. First opportunity may be Tuesday unless I happen to go to a Panera (not a Starbuck's fan) with XYL in the interim :)

Ron WB2WGH

• Ronald Panetta
    Ronald Panetta Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Doug, 

Had much better luck at Panera today. One thing I did notice is that when the iPad screen locks, the app disconnects. I went into SmartSDR for iOS -> Settings -> Prevent device sleep -> enable

Did not actually have any QSOs as did not want to be disruptive.  

Ron

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.