Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Nickname Characters?

Mike W8MM
Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Whenever I try to use "&" or "+" in the radio nickname, those (and other) characters are removed from the string.

Example:  If I type "HF&144" into the nickname entry box, the string condenses to "HF144".

Same way with "222+432" -->  "222432"

However, "." and "," and "/" all seem to work.  "HF/144" stays OK.

Why is this?

Answers

• K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The "&" character triggers an automatic 32db attenuation and the "+" symbol initiates the self destruct feature :)

Enjoy the Holiday weekend....  Regards 
  • W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I was able to crash my 6500 by writing to the display. I tried W7NGA-SEASIDE (overflow) then edited it to W7NGA-DAN which sent it into an infinite loop alternating between both until it crashed. Also, I noticed that the screen has my call burned in, only obvious when you change the text.

W7NGA dan
    Seaside, Oregon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.