Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mox button Dont work

Jay Spaulding
Jay Spaulding Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Smart SDR V2.0.
I tried to use the MOX button a couple of times while not in remote cause I'm sitting at my desk right next to the Flex and I just clicked on the MOX button and talked into the mic and well nothing happen. It keyed but no Audio. So I hit the foot switch and everything worked fine. So I was wondering if anybody had that problem also. Or has anybody even tried it. Cause most of the time I wouldnt even bother with it. Not sure if its going to work in a remote setting or not. 

Thanks
Jay
W0JAY

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Dax isn't on is it, if it is it will act exactly as you describe.
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I just tried it here on 20m SSB and it works. Clicked on MOX, spoke into the mic, got power out. This is with 2.0.17 on a Flex 6300.
    Doug K4DSP

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Sounds like DAX is enabled for transmit.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    For some strange reason my MOX doesn't work when using 2m FM.  It will key the transmitter but I get no audio out of the mic.  I've tried everything but still no go.   This was also a problem on the previous 2 versions of SmartSDR.  It is not isolated to v2.x.  No DAX enabled.

Norm - W7CK
  • Jay Spaulding
    Jay Spaulding Member
    edited June 2020
    Thats what it was.. I was running digital wsjt and never turned it off. But I can hit the foot switch and it work No problem. 

Thanks guys. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    If you save separate Mic Profiles for FM, SSB, DigiU, etc, then you won't need to remember to turn Dax on and off whenever you change bands. The rig allows you to link a profile with a mode. It remembers the last profile you used with that mode.
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Norm,
    I just tested here with my 6300 and 2M transverter. No problems transmitting mic audio when keyed via MOX or PTT on FM.
    Doug K4DSP

• Richard Heggemeyer
    edited June 2018
    DAX is turned off

• Richard Heggemeyer
    edited August 2018
    I am using 5000A mox will not work when VAC 1 & VAC 2 are turned on and I am working remotely. Dax is turned off
  • Richard Heggemeyer
    edited August 2018
    I have the 5000A, Mox will work but if I turn on VAC 1 & VAC 2 when I am working remote when I use the Mox button to transmit it will not transmit when Vox 1 is turned on 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.