Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No RF power out of the flex 6300

I was working some stations and suddenly no RF power out of my flex 6300.  No settings were changed.  The RF meter in smart SDR and on my external power meter both show 0 power even when the smart SDR is set to 100 watts.  
I have included a screenshot of my smart SDR settings into a dummy load.  I checked the DAX and all of the little buttons but nothing.  I checked all bands and all modes.  imageHopefully I am just overlooking something.  

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    I would try a factory reset . Make sure you export profiles to the pc before doing the reset so u dont lose them
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020
    It looks like you are transmitting on antenna number 2, is that correct? If not, you could be transmitting into an open load.
  • Scott Marlowe
    Scott Marlowe Member
    edited August 2018
    Hey Bill.  thanks for the quick reply.  At that screen shot I was trying antenna two which goes to a wire but I have an inline dummy load that I had turned on.  but it does the same (No power out) on antenna 1 which is the beam or antenna 2 which is a wire or into a dummy load..
  • Bill English
    Bill English Member
    edited January 2020

OK Scott, I was just hoping it was something that simple. I guess the reset is the best shot,
  • Scott Marlowe
    Scott Marlowe Member
    edited August 2018
    I did the factory reset and I am getting the same result.  Unfortunately, no output power.
  • N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    What happens if you change your Global profile?

it looks like changes were made to the one you have as the * indicates changes to your Wx4SKY global profile. try changing profiles and see if you have output

• Scott Marlowe
    Scott Marlowe Member
    edited August 2018
    No joy. Changed global profilea, mic profiles, tried deafault and ssb profiles. I cant get it to send out a single watt of power. Tried transmit into anyennas, dummynloads, through watt meters, etc. When it failed i was running about 20 watts into an amp. Putting out about 500 watts on a 1Kw amp. I happened to be looking at the amp and saw the wattage needle jump up and down once or twice and then go flat to 0. Then, no power since that point. Of course i have bypassed the amp at this point and still nothing..
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    Sounds like it is time for that radio to take a trip back to the mother ship
  • Scott Marlowe
    Scott Marlowe Member
    edited August 2018
    Just an update for anyone following the thread. Tim at flex contacted me early this morning via email and had me do some diagnostics using flex stack. Determined it was probably a hardware issue and had me send it back to TX. Bad news is 4 to 6 weeks for repair...ouch. so i will be on the HF disabled list for the NAQP and other upcoming events.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Scott, it won't be that long,,trust me...
  • Scott Marlowe
    Scott Marlowe Member
    edited August 2018
    Bill was correct. Flex received my radio yesterday and today they emailed that repair was done and it will be coming home..less than 24 hour turnaround. .blown Q5 and Q6. Not sure what that is or why they blew but, back in good shape. A+ CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.