Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Computer does not see USB devices

Latta
Latta Member
WIN 10 does not see USB Flex 1500 or Flexcontrol. Nor can PowerSDR V2.7 get out of DEMO mode 

Comments

• Don Sachnoff
    Don Sachnoff Member
    edited April 2017
    Check your usb connections. All of the issues you mentioned are because your computer's usb ports are not functioning. Are you using a usb hub by any chance? Don
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    WIN10 USB drivers 101 Unplug all your USB devices except the mouse and keyboard. Look in your Device Manager in Windows (Click on Contana) next to the win10 start button and type "device manager" run it and see if your computer is seeing USB devices or if it has a error with the USB motherboard devices, Sometimes it may be called (USB ROOT HUB) that WINDOWS doesn't have the correct drivers or the driver is broken. No USB device will work correctly until these devices are working correct. If you see no errors or devices that have a error then the problem is in the individual devices USB driver or the Mother Board USB HUB is broken or a external USB HUB may have issues. This is just a scratch on the surface of what the problem is but may be it will help you track down where the issue is. I had my Flex-Control go bad and it shut down my computer and have seen external Hard drives and many other external USB device at work shut down the mother board due to failures, this is why I first said to unplug ALL USB devices except the Keyboard and Mouse but even one of these devices could have a issue so you may want to try a spare to test. 73's and hope this helps and folks don't find this to out of line and out of the scope of FLEX Radio. Bret WX7Y
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    Was your 1500 powered on when you booted the PC?  If so, you need to power cycle the radio because you have to power it up after the PC has booted so it uses the FLEX-1500 streaming USB driver.
  • Latta
    Latta Member
    edited March 2017
    I have verified that the radio is seen by the computer and followed your suggestion. Turned on the computer then powered up the radio. It still comes on in Demo mode. I'm using PwrSDR 2.7.2 and have reloaded it several times. Not sure what the issue is.
  • Latta
    Latta Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Bret, I have verified that the USB ports are working and determined that it was operator error. I appreciate your help and it wasn't out of line.
    Jack
    KF7MKJ
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    It is time to the HelpDesk to get technical support.  For your convenience, I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution. 
  • Latta
    Latta Member
    edited March 2017
    One more thing. The "Radio Selection" option never comes up.
    Am I to wait for a response from a message from the "Support Helpdesk Ticket"?
  • Latta
    Latta Member
    edited March 2017
    No, there is no hub. Thanks for your reply. The issue has been resolved.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Yes, your HelpDesk ticket has been submitted,  Once a support tech picks it up from the queue, you will be notified.
  • Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Was this resolved have the same issue.

Pat KA4VNM
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    Pat, if you have an issue you should open a HelpDesk support ticket so we can investigate your specific issue.
  • Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Will do thanks!
  • Gavin Badenhorst
    edited June 2018
    My 1500 had the same problem with the PC not recognising the usb device. The problem was the voltage regulator failed. Replaced the regulator and back in business.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.