Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sending CQ and/or CQDX with FT8

Gene - K3GC
Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Third-Party Software
I JUst got FT8 setup (6500)  and am having a ball.  My problem is that nowhere can I find how to send a CQ or a CQDX.
I am sure it is simple but the answer eludes me.
Answering CQs is seamless and simple.  I am runnijg WSJT-x v1.9.1 r8747
Thanks,
Gene

Answers

• Neil   N4FN
    Neil N4FN Member
    edited July 2019
    Look at the lower right hand side of the FT8 display and you will see the sequence of a contact. The last one is CQ. It is explained in the manual.
    Neil   N4FN
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    All you really need to do is click on the enable TX box and it run by itself
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Oh we have to get you going on FT8. The other posters are correct. Make sure "Auto Seq" is selected. This works most of the time but the program authors have stated that it is not fool proof and needs to be monitored. I find it works so well that I am often doing other things when I am in CQ mode. Can't wait to catch you on the air!!!
  • Gene - K3GC
    Gene - K3GC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thanks,  guys.  I appreciate the help

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.