Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M, F1-F6 Front Buttons

Robert Lonn
Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
F1 key stay lit when powered off! Today I set the F1 key for SAM and the F4 key for simple AM. I had it in the F1 on position, Lit Up,  but after I powered down the radio the F1 key stayed illuminated.. I reviewed page 149 but no mention about this operational parameter,, Any Ideas???

Robert

Answers

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Same thing here. I reported it to the help desk thru Mike at Flex.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    OK, looks to be a BUG of some sort. It looks like only when it is in F1, if you are in F4, Longer Push, the light is OFF at shutdown.  Thanks Tom,, Let us know if they report back anything to you. 

Robert
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    I tried to duplicate this today on my desk and was unable to.  Does this happen every time or just occasionally?  Does it matter what option you have selected for the Function Button?
  • NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Also reported it again to Software Engineer at Dayton. Great group of Flex reps there. They were taking notes..... If I program F1 to SSB the light stays on. If I program SSB to F2, F2 stays on. Happens occasionally.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Eric,, This issue seems to have a mind of its own, unfortunately.. The modes are things like SAM, AM, NR, CW etc. Today I was trying it out,, and I had F1 Green only,, but after powering it down, turning off power. Then I turned power back on and booted up the radio.. not only did it return the F1 to Green, it actually turned F2 green as well?? I had F1, F2 and F3 Green, powered off the radio and they ALL TURNED OFF?? Seems to have a mind of its own.. Eric, In talking to your Neal,, they appear to know what is causing this, so I have been told..  Waiting for Neal to respond back to my emails I sent him.. 

Robert
    WA6PHN
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Tom,, Same hear, I thought it might have been software related as it was happening more after the software update, but I re-loaded the older software and the same results.. Waiting for Neal to let me know next steps.

Robert
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Does Flex now consider this problem a Software Bug issue???  No matter what or how I push the power oft button, the light stays on... Tried this 6 times in a row of powering off the radio, and all 6 times the lights stayed on!!! 
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Thebuttons on my 6400M work as they are suposed to including the power button. Me thinks you got a lemon, time to put in a helpdesk ticket and hope for the best.
  • Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Not a lemon, working with Flex!!
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Great to hear hope they get it right for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.