Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

interfacing pg-xl

Bernie W7DMC
Bernie W7DMC Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Since my PG-XL is now on the way, want to know if I can connect Ant1 on 6500 to Input A on PG-XL and then connect Ant2 on 6500 to Input B, allowing me to continue to maintain control over my 2 primary antennas ? I operate mostly SSB (Small Scattered Brain).

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yes and no. You can connect two radios to the amp. However drive A will connect to antenna A. Same for B. You can’t have two radio and two anysnna and switch them. You need an external switch to do that.
  • Larry W0NQW
    Larry W0NQW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Bernie, would you mind providing us your order number so we can start making wild guesses where we may stand in the shipping order?  That would provide us something to do while we wait.  :)
    Larry - W0NQW
  • Bernie W7DMC
    Bernie W7DMC Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hope this doesn't cause problems.

Order number AB-11641  Date 2-8-17
    Ship Date 6-8-18

Don't be mad at me Katie !!!

Maybe can post a shack picture next week with a happy amp
    Bernie - W7DMC 
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Wow, I didn't know PG-XL orders were being taken that early in the year.  Good to hear they are starting to ship.  Congrats Bernie!
  • Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Bernie, if I understand what you are trying to do I think the answer is yes.  It sounds like you have two antennas and have them set up in the radio to be used on different bands or sets of bands.  Now, with the PGXL connected as you described, your radio will be sending drive power and PTT commands to the amp on the same corresponding antenna port as it did before based on band and since they are mapped 1 to 1 and 2 to 2 it should work with no external switch required.  However, if you need to connect antenna ports 1 to 2 or 2 to 1 some type of external switching is necessary. 
  • Bernie W7DMC
    Bernie W7DMC Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Rick - thank you. Exactly what I was hoping to accomplish. Understand with Amp that Input A goes to Output A, and In B to Out B. This will still allow me to need to make only minor changes in my Profiles. Best 73's

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Just looked up my order.  I ordered on 5-26-17 with Order number AB-12297.

Burch
    K4QXX

• Larry W0NQW
    Larry W0NQW Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Unable to make any wild guesses on my order based on your order number.  Mine is a much lower number and have not heard anything about my shipment.  Guess I do not understand how the order number are issued.  Hope to hear from them soon.
  • davidk8dm
    davidk8dm Member
    edited June 2018
    David - K8DM.

Order date: 5/22/17
    Order number: AB-12176

No news yet :(

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.