Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What effect do DSP settings have on DAX streams?

Andy - KU7T
Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Is DAX being tapped before or after the DSP and WNB? I am running slimmer and would be interested to know what impact these could have. Thanks Andy KU7T

Answers

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Nothing, digital streams are not routed through any additional digital processing.
  • KB4AAA
    KB4AAA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    If you have WNB or NB enabled in the DSP menu it will affect the DAX output so I guess your answer would be DAX is tapped after the DSP. If you run DIGU or DIGL the only DSP options you will have is WNB and NB all eq's and other functions are disabled.
  • Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    That's what I thought but wanted to confirm. Makes sense that the broad-range noise blanking methods are applied on the whole. I can also see the pan adapter affected by the WNB.

Now, would it be better in terms of more stations skimmed and with better SNR to enable WNB and NB? I would think yes. Comments?  I can see the WNB dripping the overall noise a little, NB does not see to have an effect (usually it does not, even with other radios).

Thanks
    Andy
    KU7T
  • KB4AAA
    KB4AAA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Andy, You can hear for yourself. goto the Recording tab of your sound property's right click on DAX RX1 goto listen and check listen to this device. Un check the "PC AUDIO" button in smartsdr and select DAX 1 in whatever slice you want to hear and play with the DSP setting. All other modes (USB,LSB,AM,FM etc.) all of the DSP and EQ outputs will affect the DAX output only DIG modes disables eq. I think the DAX IQ output is a RAW stream and has no dsp effects on it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.