Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2.2.8 SmartSDR CAT and SmartSDR DAX startup after computer boot

W8WD
W8WD Member
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

In SmartSDR version v2.2.8, I would like to know if there is a method to configure SmartSDR CAT and SmartSDR DAX to automatically startup after boot? My understanding is that they do not auto load to reduce network congestion. I would also like to understand if there is an option that when I open and close SmartSDR that SmartSDR CAT and SmartSDR DAX are not closed.

The background is that I have a server computer that controls my rotating towers, SO2R antenna and stack switching for my 6600M and I want  SmartSDR CAT and SmartSDR DAX be loaded after boot and remain running if I open/close SmartSDR. The same computer runs CW skimmer and other applications.

I would appreciate any feedback ….

Thanks!

Brian / W8WD

Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sure! In SmartSDR, choose the "Settings" menu at the top left of the SmartSDR window. At the bottom are selections to choose to start CAT and DAX with SmartSDR or not.
    Craig, KØCF
  • W8WD
    W8WD Member
    edited June 2018
    Craig,
    Thank you for the feedback, that solves half my issue. I still want SmartSDR CAT and SmartSDR DAX to automatically startup after boot so my other applications can communicate with them.
    Brian / W8WD

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Found this with a quick search: “Here's how to change which apps will automatically run at startup in Windows 10:”
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/h...
  • W8WD
    W8WD Member
    edited June 2018
    John,
    Thanks!
    Brian / W8WD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.