Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

digital programs do not decode psk 31

Jerry Humphrey
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software
I see waterfall signals but get nothing on text receive screen, not even occasionally. I have set up the 6500  and 3 different digital pgms (fldigi, hrd, and digipan) per videos and instructions on flex website, none of the pgms decode psk 31.  I have changed agc and agc-t with no success.  I think it must be radio setup since none of the digital pgms work.  Please advise.

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Jerry,

Not enough information I think to help you much but here are some hints:

1) You have to have DAX running. And you have to enable the desired DAX channel.  To keep it simple, enable just the first one, Slice A.  Click on the button to the left of it until it turns blue.

2) On SSDR for slice A pull down under DAX in the slice flag and select channel 1.  This enables audio from the slice to DAX.  If you now look back in Dax control panel you should see "Streaming" and you should see the little red line jumping up and down indicating audio level.

It sounds like you know how to do this based on prior use.  But just covering the basics.

Now in your slice select DIGU.  Always use DIGU for digital modes.  

Now in your digital program select as the input  "DAX Audio RX 1".

Back in the Dax control panel there is a slider for level.  You can try increasing or decreasing that until you get enough level.

You didn't say what program you are using for PSK31 but hopefully now you will see signals in the programs version of a waterfall and if you center your decoder over it it should decode assuming the level is high enough.

Hope that helps.
  • Jerry Humphrey
    edited October 2018
    imageimage
  • Bob Brown - N8OB
    edited April 2018
    None of the Digital programs like to decode IF the time isn't set correctly.

Bob - N8OB
  • Bob Brown - N8OB
    edited April 2018
    None of the Digital programs like to decode IF the time isn't set correctly.

Bob - N8OB
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    yes make sure your computer time is set as close to the correct time as possible, I just use my cell phone time and set it to the second
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Clock time is only related to WSJT modes like JT9, 65, FT8.   Almost all other modes will decode regardless of the computer time.  

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    In this Fldigi picture, you are on a frequency (radio and Fldigi "sweet spot" that puts you in the FTS part of the dial.  Fldigi does NOT decode these modes.  For Fldigi get your radio dial around 14070 USB-D and set Fldigi mode to PSK31
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sounds dumb, but don't forget to be switched to upper sideband.
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I think you've nailed the root cause Andrew. These aren't PSK signals.
  • Jerry Humphrey
    edited April 2018
    Thank you Andrew and Danny, you are correct and I now have decode
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Use DIGU for the mode. It works better. PSK is a digital mode. Set bandwidth to 3.0K

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.