Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

AF Changing Without Touching the Knob

David Salomon
David Salomon Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
This morning, my AF started changing on its own (running from the front panel).  I was not touching the rig when I noticed the AF indicator on the screen intermittently increasing and decreasing.  I moved the AF encoder back and forth a few times and it hasn't happened again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

73 - David, AG4F

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  Please respond using the HelpDesk ticket for issue resolution.

If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I heard there was an apparition of Patrick Swayze in David’s shack at about the same time. Coincidence?
  • David Salomon
    David Salomon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks, Tim.

George - Patrick Swayze, really?  It was actually Marilyn Monroe.
  • Geoff_W8GNM
    Geoff_W8GNM Member ✭✭

To All: I too, have experienced having both the AF gain setting and the AGCT setting on my 6600M front panel change randomly without me touching the front panel. It was almost as if someone had remotely logged into my radio, but I don't have the Flex server activated on my 6600M. It doesn't happen very often. The last time it happened, I was monitoring an FT8 slice and had the AF gain turned down to zero. I was in another room and suddenly heard FT8 tones from my monitor speakers. When I check the 6600M, the AF gain had changed from zero to 85 while I was out of the shack. 73, Geoff-W8GNM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.