Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TRANSVERTER SOCKET

Has anyone moded the FLEX3000 to add a low power take off for transverter use ?

Answers

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The f3k already has a transverter menu where you can set up various parameters ie freq,power levels etc, so there is no need to add another port.......
  • chuck wearing
    chuck wearing Member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for reply, I already run a transverter from my 3000 on 2 but this requires an attenuator on Tx. Would prefer to mod it for take off pre PA.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It should not need an attenuator.
  • chuck wearing
    chuck wearing Member
    edited March 2018
    Are you running one without attenuator?
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Chuck, the f3k can be set up with suitable power levels for the transverter or if you prefer, you can build an attenuator circuit into a small die cast box along with a ptt circuit to switch it in/out. However, this is up to you. If you click on XVTR menu, you will see how easy it is to set it all up
  • chuck wearing
    chuck wearing Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi John, My transverter needs under 17dbm drive on Tx. I have it running already from the 3000 on 2M, 5 watts in. Chuck Gm8giq.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Did you try reduce the f3k power level on tx to 1w ?
  • chuck wearing
    chuck wearing Member
    edited March 2018
    Still too high 17dbm is 50 mw.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Chuck, the only way then is an external setup as I mentioned with an external relay system +ptt + attenuator. Email me call@yahoo.co.uk and I,ll send you a circuit.
  • chuck wearing
    chuck wearing Member
    edited March 2018
    John, As mentioned earlier I have that set up running with my 3000 already.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.