Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Stop bashing the Beta testers

Options
2»

Comments

• Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I rarely post and have posted positive feedback and responses to requests for assistance. I have rarely posted a negative comment. Once the rush is over, I plan to purchase a 6600. I have sold several people on Flex radios. My current 6500 is my 3rd Flex, beginning with a 1500. I am in no way “bashing” the volunteer testers. I am pointing out the relatively large number of people experiencing the radio lockup issue, which appears to have started prior to version 2 being released. Howard, our products were deployed in the ocean for 1-3 years collecting sensor data. If they “locked up” or otherwise failed, the researchers would lose their data. One occurrence would have curtailed our business. No bugs allowed. Comparing Flex issues to Windows issues is ridiculous. Windows 10 has 50 million lines of code. There are something over 85 million lines of code in OSX. These software packages are in no way comparable to FlexRadio. I love my Flex. I use it everyday. I use virtually every mode. I use it remotely with an iPad. It is a generally great product. However, I do not think it serves anyone to avoid pointing out what I believe to be a reasonably serious issue that has existed for awhile based on community posts. Remember, for every person that posts an issue, there are many who don’t bother. No one is bashing anyone—just trying to make the product better.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    As long as we do not **** things we read here on the community out of proportion. The main reason this community is here is so people can report problems and seek help before submitting a Help Desk ticket.
    When we read here we see lots of different problems, but out there are hundreds of Flex radios without show stopping problems.
    Pointing out problems with the radio is what should happen, that helps us all. but to make comments like, losing  or lost faith in their system of testing or to that effect? How would that be helpful?

Take me for instance, I have never had any of the freezes or lockups reported. But I know some have them, and for a while.
    They say their working on these issues, so why can't we just let it go and see what they come up with.

Steve went a big step the other day explaining were he feels Flex has failed in testing the software, saying that the testers know the software and just know what to do and what to expect. And he added that for a new Flex user things could and should be better explained to them, and that Flex was sorry.
    That was very transparent.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    And in all fairness, people that don't "hang out" online rarely go out of their way to make a "this is working great" post. Can't say the same when someone is angry and/or frustrated.

As long as you are on the bleeding edge, you are going to have some issues.

I guess if a guy wants no software bugs he should get one of those radios with "round ADC" devices in the back. I think they call them 6146s.

Rich

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.