Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Files Needed for 5000C Update to Windows 7

Options
Bob K8RC
Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
The Helpdesk article
https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/203137827-Upgrading-a-FLEX-5000C-to-Windows-7

Mentions two files needed to upgrade a 5000C to Windows 7:

“lastest BIOS (5.0) for 986LCD-M/mtx motherboard”

and       “986LCD-M Audio Vista-Win7 R241.zip” 

Both are no longer sourced by the Kontron website.

Any ideas on where I might acquire them?

Thanks es 73,

Bob, K8RC

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Bob, do you know what the bios level is already installed on the board? I suspect you will be okay but its easy to check (tap DEL when powering it up).

Otherwise, win7 will probably have everything you will need to install, systems-wise.

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The ham I acquired it from tends to be an early adopter (his 6700 has all the employee's signatures) so it's probably an early one. And the article plainly states that the audio driver WILL be required.

I'm just trying to proceed according to the instructions from an authoritative source. 

Thanks.
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Bob, Win7 will give you the audio driver (if not let me know and I will find it for you).
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    And here we are. Thanks, Neal!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.