Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What is the CAT command for TUNE?

Arnie
Arnie Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am trying to find the SmartSDR CAT command to place the 6500 in the TUNE mode. I cannot seem to find it. Can someone let me know what the TUNE ON and TUNE OFF commands are that will work on SmartSDR?
Tnx es 73 de Arnie W8DU

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Arnie,
      I can find no native CAT Tune command in the SSDR cat documents..  A Tune macro is availabe in DDUTIL and TUNE maybe mapped to keyboard in FRStack utilites.

AL, K0VM
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Thanks Al. It is puzzling that this CAT command is missing and I hope Flex will add it back in (It was present in PowerSDR). I am not familiar with the FRStack utilities that you referenced. Can you tell me about it?
    Tnx de Arnie W8DU
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have added a feature request to add the AC command to the CAT command set.
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Tim:
    What has happened to this request? Seems deficient that we SmartSDR users have to rely on external apps to 'gain' the functionality that has been native to PowerSDR pretty much since its inception. Like someone commented a while ago, if PowerSDR is a souped up Chevy, SmartSDR is a stripped down Cadillac with crank windows and no A/C. Please.....ADD ALL KEYBOARD CAT COMMANDS THAT ARE IN POWERSDR!
    73 de Arnie W8DU

• Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2017
    This feature is still waiting to be evaluated for inclusion in SmartSDR.  CAT commands like this will have lower priority over other more global issues that are applicable to a larger number of users.
  • Arnie
    Arnie Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the quick reply. Very disappointing responsiveness from Flexradio. In my view, with the additions to PowerSDR by KE9NS, SmartSDR is still much inferior and Flex has now had at least 4 years to bring SmartSDR even with, let alone surpass, PowerSDR. And 9 months after my request, not to mention several years after requests by others, Flex cannot even make a decision about adding CAT commands back into SmartSDR? I have been a loyal Flex customer but this leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2017
    I can understand your frustration and am sorry you are disappointed,  PowerSDR is over 10 years old and is a mature product.  It isn't about making a decision, it is about making the best business decision.  SmartSDR is still in development and we have to apply resources to the features that have the greatest impact to the most users.
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Tim, did this CAT command find its way into SmartSDR v2.0.17?
  • Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    No, is still not included.
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I was hoping that I could read the CAT commands by using a microcontroller and find the signal that disables / enables the RCA tx1-3 jacks.I do not want to use anymore apps to do it.

How does DDutil do it if they only are looking at the Ethernet connection ? I have used DDutil and oddly enough when I boot it up for the first time I find that the RCA tx1 jack is disabled.  Others have posted that there are marcos that can be setup in DDUtil to do just that. So they have control of it. How ??? 

How does the Maestro select the tune feature? 

Maybe it is not called "tune" in the software world..  

I am determined to find away to disable the RCA tx1 jack when the "TUNE" button is active on the screen or the Maestro. There has to be away !!

If anyone else wants to brainstorm let me know two or more heads are better than one.

Jim

• Tim - W4TME
    edited February 2018
    CAT is an antiquated way of controlling the radio and it is not something that we plan to expand to encompass more radio control functionality  We use it only for legacy interfacing with applications that do not utilize the network-based API for communicating with the radio.

All of our client software, including Maestro and DDUtil use the network-based API to control the radio.
  • WB9IXS
    WB9IXS Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Tim,
    Where can I read up on the Flex radio network-based API commands. 

Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.