Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

5000A/KE9NS

Butch
Butch Member ✭✭✭
I've owned a Flex 6700 for a couple of years now (my first Flex rig) and recently decided to sell off my knob radios (ICOM and Kenwood) which has been mostly collecting dust since I bought my Flex. 

Thinking I probably should have a backup rig (just in case my 6700 has to go to the shop) I picked up a Flex 5000A last week.  I got it on the air today with KE9NS's software and WOW!  My hat is off to KE9NS!  Flex needs to hire this guy to bring SmartSDR up to speed! 

I know it's a long shot but does anyone have a 5000A VHF/UHF module they'd be willing to part with? 

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes KE9NS has made a lot of creature features on PowerSDR over a very short time!
    I am thinking of selling my 5000a VHF/UHF but haven't decided for sure yet. 

I certainly want more then the trade in value for it with the low hours on it,  it makes a fantastic satellite radio as well as a superb HF radio. 

Reason I am thinking of selling it is to get a Flex-6600M when they are caught up from the pre-sales,  I already have a 6700 with the DEMI VHF AMP. so I'll have to still get a UHF transverter to have the same capabilities.

Watch for the 5K VHF/UHF to come up here for sale when I decide what to do maybe sooner then later. 

My Direct Email is " wx7y@arrl.net "
    73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.