Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Save to all bands checkbox

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in New Ideas
It would be helpful to have a checkbox under TX profiles for "save profile to all bands".

Most profiles I create are going to use the same TX settings across HF. So instead of starting at one end of the HF bands and saving the profile, moving a band and saving again, etc, it would be nice to just check a box and save once.

You could still go back and tweak a band or two with the current method afterwards if needed.

Comments

• Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yes please!

Gary W4EEY
  • Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Mike W1BFA in Maine Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I would also get some good use out of that feature! Thanks
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    Profiles are band agnostic.  It saves only the slice receiver frequency.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Can you elaborate on that a little more?

I cant imagine this is not possible for the developers.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    A profile sets the frequency of the slice, not the "band". It saves the current state of the radio.  If you do not have a slice on that band, then that radio state is not saved.

If you want band specific profiles, define them all and then create your profile.  Like the 6m FM profile listed in the example above.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I am just talking about the TX profile. You are saying the TX profile is associated with a slice and not the band?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    No, the global profile.  TX and Mic have nothing to do with panadapters and slice receivers.  This is all outlined in the SmartSDR Software Users Manual.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yea I get the Global part. But just want to set a TX profile at "x" watts and other settings and save it to all bands.

If I understand the process correctly I have to make my TX profile on 160 (as an example) and save it. Move to 80 meters and re-save it, move to 40 and re-save and keep going.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited January 2018
    We differentiate different radio states (parameters) in different profiles.  The TX profile does not save panadapter and slice frequency data, that is done at the global profile level.  A global profile links to a TX and Mic profile.  So what you are asking for breaks the core profile hierarchy by associating panadapter and slice frequency data at the TX profile level.

To accomplish what you want to do, you have to create specific global profiles to set power levels for the different bands.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Well that may be. But from a customer standpoint its a pain to have to save the TX profile over and over for each band and repeat for each new TX profile.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.