Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ARRL RTTY RU Contest 2018

Steve - N4TTY
Steve - N4TTY Member
edited October 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just a little less than 24 hours until the contest begins and I'm not going to be participating.

I picked the "Conversation Type" as "Problem," but be assured it isn't a FlexRadio problem.

As some of you are aware, I was attempting to use some real heavy metal (Teletype Model 28 KSR) in conjunction with a Flex 6700 to work the contest.  I'm not a real contester by any means (only 1 previous RTTY contest using a glass TTY), so was hoping at least to make a few contacts and then document my experience (with some video as well).  But due to issues with my Dovetron TU I have been unable to provide the ASFK audio to the 6700, so have been unable to transmit.  I can receive just fine, so may be monitoring to see if I can hear some of my fellow "GreenKey" enthusiasts  on the air with their heavy metal.

Maybe next year for the ARRL RTTY RU!

Steve G./N4TTY

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Moved from a 28 ASR to HAL equipment in the mid 70's.

N (shift) 3 (shift) DF
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited January 2018
    Should have signed N (FIGS) 3 (LTRS) DF  :-)

But the spirit of the part of the RU that I was tring to take part in was using actual electro-mechanical equipment.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    It was either the 28 ASR or the XYL.  It was a tough choice.  
  • Steve - N4TTY
    Steve - N4TTY Member
    edited January 2018
    My XYL just got a big laugh out of that!  And she has a 28 KSR and a TT-98 in her office.  While I have a good number more pieces of TTY gear in my shack.
  • ND8L
    ND8L Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    So Neil...how's single life?
    :-)
    See you in RR
    de ND8L
  • Mark K5XH
    Mark K5XH Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

I see that I worked you once during the RU Steve. Thanks for the contact!

Mark K5XH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.