Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Anaversary

FRED  W9TB
FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in New Ideas
It has been seven months today since I ordered a 6600M. I think FRS should at least consider sending us all a new hat when they ship our radios. Now boys and girls please don't get to nasty about this post.

Happy New Year to all..........

Comments

• mike /k6mgk
    mike /k6mgk Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hey, how about an Icom hat. :)
  • Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member
    edited January 2018
    What would I do with an Icom Hat??
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Support FRS... buy a hat! :)image
  • Gary  w8vi
    Gary w8vi Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Now that is a nice Hat!
    Better than those dozen Yaesu hats I have from previous Hamventions.
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited October 2019
    I like the complimentary hat idea, especially if it has a special meaning, i.e., one given away only with each pre-order and no other way to receive one.
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I would like a fedora.
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Butch, where did you get the personalization done?  I've got a couple of plain Flex hats that would look much better with my name & call on them.
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Hi Rick - I had my name and call added to the Flex hat at the embroidery table at Dayton in 2016 by Gold Metal Ideas (www.goldmetalideas.com), 888-478-0041.  I just asked this company to match the color and font of the Flex Hat embroidery, and as you can see they did a great job.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Gary.  By the way, you have have an excellent signal down here in NC on 80M.
  • Joel Swapp KO6FL
    edited January 2018
    Stop by booth 301 at the Hamvention and I will fix you up. I am also a flex owner. Joel
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yes
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I got a hat some time back. It wore it all over the USA, to Xenia and even to Buenos Aires and Colonia (Uruguay). It saw tons of use. I think one of the kids nicked it, because I can't seem to find it now. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was still in my suitcase. 

Ria
  • mikeatthebeach .
    mikeatthebeach . Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I got the ICOM Racing Jacket !!!!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

if you have a LIDS store in a nearby plaza they all have hat embroidery machines

Here is a few from my collection 

The Tesla Hat came with the Signature Series Jacket

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Hey Fred you got a free Alpha hat with your call sign already soooooooo Let's wish big how about a Maestro 1/2 price or a free hat your choice
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    Stephen Hawkins NG0G Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    What is a LIDS store?
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

www.lids.com

There is a store locator on the site - most have hat embroidery machines

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    They sell hats and caps
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited January 2018
    Thanks.  I live in a sea of corn and soybean fields.  The nearest town 4.5 miles away is population 150.  There is a bar, a place to get  your hair cut, and a post office. 8-) On the upside my noise level is very low.
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited January 2018
    Thank You
  • DR DEPRESSOR
    DR DEPRESSOR Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Will the radios be released before HamCation 2018?
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Not our call and FRS has said "when it is ready, it is ready" so unlikely you will get a response until they start confirming final payments & delivery instructions. 

But I do suspect you can get a Hat and add Embroidery at HamCation!

As where I live it is below zero at night, and single digits during the day - with windchills in the -20 to -40F range - I'd love to be someplace where I could wear a plain old ball-cap rather than something insulated & covering one's whole head! 

HamCation would be just the ticket if I could play hooky...  but then I'd have to find a big Flex hat!

Steve K9ZW

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Thumbs up!  I live in a similar area.  It's great (and quiet).
  • Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Think of Flex release dates like an upcoming Christmas event.  But in this case, we don't know when Christmas is. :) 
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited January 2018
    When I ordered mine (June 23) I somewhat jokingly told my XYL I’d probably have it by Valentines Day, never realizing how close that prediction would actually be. Now I’m wondering if that was too optimistic.
  • Stephen Hawkins NG0G
    edited January 2018
    42.411304, -94.377912  See QRZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.