Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartCat Drops TCP Connections From WSJT-X

Steve Sterling
edited November 2017 in SmartSDR CAT

I recently set up WSJT-X V1.08 with CAT connections using TCP method. Initially WSJT-X has no trouble connecting and controlling my Flex. I can make contacts, BUT only for a few minutes before that CAT connection is lost. No error message or other indication other than WSJT's ability to control anything is lost. I can get most of the way through a JT-65 QSO, but then it loses control. I've tried resetting settings, changing ports, deleting and adding back in CAT entities in SmartCAT with no success.  No problem with other apps using CAT/TCP.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Dave - WB5NHL
    Dave - WB5NHL Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I experienced the same problem and had to switch to TS-2000/ COM port approach to get reliable connections to WSJT-X
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I am wondering if perhaps your using a TCP  port that is shared with some other app.. The port number can be anything up to 65000 ( i use 26004 ) but the port entered in WSJT must match the port in SSDR CAT.. Try changing them both to something else and restart wsjt and SSDR CAT. 
    AL, K0VM
  • Steve Sterling
    edited October 2017
    I have about come to the same conclusion. I like the TCP option, less conflict with other apps, but we can make the serial com method work.
  • Steve Sterling
    edited October 2017

Al-- I thought of that too, so had already created a new unique TCP port instance from the 5002 port I already had. The separate didn't help. I think I'm stuck using com port method.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    Log a bug report with WSJT-x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.