Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Looking for the best TRANSVERTER for my 6700. Any suggestions?

Options
David Allday
David Allday Member
edited August 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
Looking for the best TRANSVERTER for my 6700.  Any suggestions?

Answers

• Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    What band? Down East Microwave makes some excellent products that are easy to interface with the Flex-6k radios.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    need to knot witch band you what to operate

personally i like kuhne-electronic.de   , Down East Microwave was also no so bad

• Justin W4JTD
    Justin W4JTD Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I should point out, DEMI is great and very fine quality, but usually take months to get. Great service though, and friendly staff. Just takes a while.
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    "KIT"  option is much faster delivery  ,but need to assemble it yourself ,no to dificult
    just not forgot to tune it for Best Signal  over noise instead of just "Gain" 
  • Jerzy Najda
    Jerzy Najda Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    IMHO best on the market is DB6NT 144-28PRO.

http://shop.kuhne-electronic.de/kuhne/en/shop/converter-transverte/transverter/TR+144++PRO++Transver...

Demi is also very good.

Very interesting is Anglian
    http://www.g4ddk.com/Anglian3techdes.pdf

but i use old Microwave Modules MMT 144-28 and MMT 432-28S

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/microwavem_linear_transverter_mmt_14.html

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/microwavem_linear_transverter_mmt_43.html

Last month i tested UT5JCW 144 MHz transverter.
    This is simply and cheap construction.

Best regards, 73
    Jerry HF1D

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    We don't have much 2m SSB activity here in the Phoenix area.  I sort of gave up on it.  There are the occasional VHF contests and once a week there is the SWOT group but that is a very short net.  Other than that, I can call CQ on 144.200 for days on end and never have anyone return.  For me it just isn't worth the effort. 

The nice thing about the 6700 is that it has 2m built in.  All you need is the DownEast amplifier.  This will give you ALL of the 2m band so you can use it on the local repeaters or 2m FM Simplex as well as on the lower SSB portion of the band.  A transverter on the other hand will only give you 144-146.

You would think that with a few million people living in the area there would be more folks on 2m SSB.  I think the main drawback for most folks is that SSB folks use horizontal antennas and the FM group which use mobile, repeaters etc., all use vertical antennas.  There was some talk here in the valley to try to get a group on 2m SSB using existing vertical antennas but I don't think it ever got much interest.

I sure do miss the 2m SSB days though!
  • Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Of course there is no need for a 144mhz transverter on the 6700 as it is already capable of transmitting/receiving on 144mhz, all you need is a linear amplifier with a 10mw input. DEMI make one as does Bert PE1RKI. 
  • Jd Dupuy
    Jd Dupuy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Without a doubt!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.