Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Shipping date for 6600M

Has there been a **** out in the expected shipping date for the 6600M ? The last update from Flex indicated that virtually all orders would be fulfilled during September/October but a note in very small print in the On-line ordering page now says delivery expected in early 2018. What is the position ?  Does anyone know ?

Barry  VK2BJ

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2017
    The first production run is sold out and is targeted to start shipping in the Oct/Nov timeframe (we sent out a notice to that effect earlier this month).  If you purchase one now, it will come from the 2nd production run which will ship in early 2018.
  • Barry Simpson
    Barry Simpson Member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Tim. I have had one on order for some time so I am hopeful mine will be in the first production run.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    That is a safe bet since you have had on on order for a while.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    When Flex took my deposit it was July/August. Now October/ November. Cant even get a 6300 or a 6500 unless you buy one used. Can't get a 6400 or a 6600. Can' t get a Power Genius. Can't get a Maestro. ALL EYE CANDY and thats it. Nothing ready to ship. Lots of pre deposits taken. Buy a rig and wait 6 months to get it.

I guarantee October/November will go by too with no shipping. Tired of waiting and done with Flex.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    It's a good news - bad news story.  Clearly, successful products have the company stretched to meet delivery.  Prudent businesses take actions within their means and tolerance for risk.  Flex is a small company in a high tech industry, no doubt in a balancing act between delivery of properly assembled and burned in products and the need for continuous engineering and development.  

Then there is the known early adopter risk for buyers.

Simplistic but generally true, the cliche "cost-schedule-quality, pick two" applies.  

I have a 6300 and it's good to see a steady demand.  Now, if you have traded in a 6x00 and are off the air pending delivery, well yes, I can understand the frustration.  It's resulted in a personal decision to not trade in, rather I'll wait until a 6400 is on my desk in 18, then sell the 6300: more trouble but less possible frustration. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited August 2017
    Steve, I am sorry that you feel this way and I believe we have been upfront about the reasons for the delays.  Certain factors that drive product production are out of our control, so there isn't a lot we can do about bringing in the delivery dates.

There is no need to be unhappy, ham radio is just a hobby.  Your deposit is fully refundable.  If you so desire to cancel your order, feel free to contact Sales to get a refund.
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Not saying it is going to happen or start any rumors but what happens to the deposit money and any Flex 6XXX that might have been sent back against a trade in price on a new 6400/6600 should Flex go insolvent (bankrupt)?  

Would I be correct in assuming we would all be unsecured creditors and get zip back except what might have been paid on a credit card (maybe not if the time stretches out past the credit card providers guidelines for claim filing)?

• [Deleted User]
    edited April 2020
    You'de be scr%$&d
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Steve, I wish I had logged all the times you posted negative comments with little basses for them. I will make sure to remind you about this last claim of not shipping in October if you wrong.

And your all done with Flex? wish you good luck on your next radio, but I'm sure you will hang around the community anyways...
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited September 2017
    That is nothing you have to worry about.  The deposits are not needed for operational expenses, they are used to more accurately judge the number of units that need to be manufactured in the first production run so that inventory is properly managed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.