Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v2 works great!

2»

Comments

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    I'm glad you got the phone working.  

Assuming you are using Wifi on your iOS devices, I have had several iPads and have experienced poor wifi porformance at times.  On one device (iPad 2), it ended up being a damaged wifi antenna.  This got fixed when it got dropped and I had the screen/antenna replaced.

The other thing that made a huge difference was going to a 5GHz router from a 2.4GHz one.  Made a huge difference in staying connected, throughput speed, less latency/jitter.

To make sure other applications aren't impacting the performance, you can double click the home button and swipe up to close all of the applications.  Further, you can clear the memory by holding the power button until it prompts to swipe to shutdown.  Then hold the home button until the screen clears.  Then give it another try.  Sometimes I find that network performance suffers if I have a ton of apps open.
  • Jeff Griffin
    Jeff Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Ok. Done all of that already. As I signed up for unlimited data, I'm using the cell phone data network. No other APP's are running, the iPad performed as well as the iPhone under 1.8 with the VPN. When I had what became a fulltime dropped packed issue both devices performed the same, again. I guess I will have to play with the iPad some more to get it running...

73 Jeff kb2m

• Jeff Griffin
    Jeff Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I went through the iPad this morning. I'm using the exact same setup as my iPhone and it is still dropping maybe 40% of its packets. What is strange is both devices worked the same with the old system. I just tested both devices with speedtest. Both are around 34 Mbps down and  1.5 Mbps up. Anyone have any ideas ?

73 Jeff kb2m
  • Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Curious, do you know what freq range you are using for WiFi? 2.4 GHz has a lot of interference, 5 GHz has much less.. I believe iPads will prefer a 5 GHz connection if available. Apple's AirPort Extreme, for example, is dual-band.
  • Jeff Griffin
    Jeff Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'm not using WiFi, as stated I'm using LTE. I just looked at both devices I'm seeing two bars, and LTE is on. But now, as I'm only seeing 2 bars I wonder if the iPad antenna has an issue. I will test closer to a cell tower to see....

73 Jeff kb2m

• Kev
    Kev Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

I pay lots of money for over 100MB Bandwidth with a large US ISP and it doesn't work!

So I wonder what people would say if you downloaded your banks app and then found out the bank said oh sorry it only works on Verizon, not AT&T or T Mobile, its their fault - really? 

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Kevin, it has been pointed out what is causing the problem, rather than blast Flex, why not take that info and get your ISP, you know, the one you're paying "lots of money" to, and get them to resolve your issue. It may be as easy as adjusting anti-virus, firewall settings. It sounds like your issue is carrier-related, not Flex-related, most likely some sort of firewall rejecting certain packet types, based on what I've read elsewhere on the community website today. Good luck.
  • Kev
    Kev Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

designing software and them blaming the isp, or whoever when it does not work is exactly what it is. it does not work.

fyi the isp states they are blocking nothing and ive bypassed all the routers and firewalls.  works on Verizon, although I have a rubbish signal at home. so yes it points to the isp. But who designs software to work on some isp but not others?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.