Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

dax driver error

WA5YOM
WA5YOM Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
: "An error has occurred while trying to open a DAX sound device. The following fault conditions may apply: - The DAX driver may not be properly installed, Another application has exclusive use of a Reserved DAX device, The DAX sound device may have been manually disabled"
I have manually uninstalled and reinstalled all of the DAX drivers (numerous times) and keep getting the same error. Am running SmartSDR Version 2.0, So, I am at a loss,,,,,

Comments

• Tony WV2C
    Tony WV2C Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Your not the only one having this issue.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I had to go in and remove the drivers manually, as in use the scripts. I am not sure if you did that but you may want to try that.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I get this when I remote desktop to the pc running SmartSDR.  I'm not saying that is your case, but if you are, then you have to make sure your remote desktop software doesn't not try to send remote audio to your PC that you are using.  

If you aren't, then this is one of Microsoft's treats and you need to uninstall and reinstall the DAX drivers.  There are batch files in the install folders that you can use to do this and you have to run those as administrator.  

Mike

• Tony WV2C
    Tony WV2C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    No remote used so Is there a step by step procedure to repair this issue?
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Look in 
    C:Program FilesFlexRadio SystemsSmartSDR v2.0.1764-bit DriversRXAudio_DAX

and you will see an uninstall and install program.  You will have to do that as an administrator.  (Right Click, run as)

Then, back up one directory and you will see all the devices you will have to do it for For IQ_DAX, MicAudio_DAX, RXAudio_DAX and TXAudio_DAX.

Make sure you do it for the version you are running (like v2.0.17)

Mike

Mikeimage
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Well...I have already uninstalled and re-installed ALL the DAX drivers on numerous occassions.....
  • WA5YOM
    WA5YOM Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I am getting the error while running locally.....
  • HB9DTZ
    HB9DTZ Member
    edited August 2017
    Dear Flexradio community Had the same problem on different Win7 and Win10 machines in the LAN (no SmartLink)... I followed the instructions and switched off the radio and the other windows machines while installing SmartSDR. After restarting everything, DAX (IQ) worked fine on the LAN. Windows onboard remote desktop didn't worked even if I choosed to not play remote sounds. I used TeamViewer instead. Looking now for a TeamViewer alternative who is working offline without an internet connection. best regards Christoph
  • Tony WV2C
    Tony WV2C Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    We are up and running again after the 2nd reboot.
    Thank you!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    WA5YOM - if you are still experiencing issues, I recommend that you submit a support ticket via our HelpDesk (https://helpdesk.flexradio.com) so we can assign you a case number.  

For details on how to submit a HelpDesk support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Supp...  

Once the support ticket is submitted, a support engineer will be in contact so we can work on the issue. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.