Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power SDR 2.7.2 - ERROR: Master DB is Unusable

Paul - K6HR
Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
My Power SDR has stopped working after many years. ERROR: Master DB is Unusable. Clicking through the OK buttons finally leads to a 'Fatal Error' at which time the software quits. I cannot remember how this error is resolved. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I restored my W7 64bit to an earlier date and it worked OK until I started the software the second time. Now same errors again.

Comments

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Bottom left click on " Factory Defaults" IF the PowerSDR window make it that far.
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Sounds like is a file is corrupt, data base, Just uninstall PSDR and re install, load your profiles back in and there you go,,takes a few moments. Or,,remove data base and import a known good copy of it,,,assuming you saved all this?
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Thanks Bill, after reinstalling the problem still exists. I do have profiles saved. I dont know what folder to put them in. Do you know the name and location of the DB file?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    when saving the data base, you can save it as a file anywere. In PSDR you delete the data base then chose import data base. when you un installed the data base was not deleted,,let me see if I can find out were it is
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    do a search for data base in power sdr,,folder itshfbc

delete the file data base and re install psdr

Or after un installing PSDR use file manager and look for any folder relating to PSDR and files,,delete them,,then re install
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I know you have uninstalled PowerSDR but you also need to go into "UsersYour User nameAppDataRoaming" directory and then delete the "Flexradio system" directory.
    You also need to check in your "Program Files(x86)" or "Program Files" Directory and delete the "FlexRadio Systems" directory in there as well.
    The Data Base is kept in the "AppDataRoaming" directory

hope this helps
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Here's the Fatal Error message:

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    You need to factory reset the database or delete the database.  The instructions on how to do that have been provided above by WX7Y.  Reinstalling the software does not reset the database

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    RESOLVED. Thanks Dudley! After running a utility program supplied by Dudley, my database problems have been resolved. Back on the air in less than 24 hours! Thanks again FRS!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.