Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V2 SmartLink Quit Working

Mike W8MM
Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
All 3 of my 6700's were working FB with SmartLink from my office iMac (Parallels), my iPad and my iPhone.  Fabulous.

This morning, I can't get any of the devices to connect.

Both the PC and iOS devices show all 3 radios with the SmartLink blue background logo as "Available".  Clicking "Connect" (or tapping on the radio description in iOS) for any of the radios fails to cause connection.

In SmartSDR for PC, a pop-up box eventually appears titled "Radio Connection Failed" with the message "Unable to connect to radio. Please try again." with an "OK" response button.

In SmartSDR for iOS, nothing happens at all after tapping on a radio selection.  The screen returns to "You are currently not connected   Tap here to connect"

When I again "Tap here to connect", the "Discovering" chooser window returns with all three radios shown as available with the blue SmartLink logo in the description.

If I select the (i) logo for information about that radio, the "Radio info" panel pops up with all normal looking entries.

Then, after a while another box pops up titled "SmartLink Connect" that says, "No response from SmartLink Server", with an "OK" to dismiss at the bottom.

Is the SmartLink Server down?

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019

I had this happen, also. I resolved it by un-registering my client and going through the re-registration processs.

Jim, K6QE

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I also had this happen last evening on my Ipad - air device for a few hours then just before bedtime it connected as normal several time.  I was actually using the Remote when it just shut off.
    I'm not sure where the problem was but from the exact same errors you got make me wonder if a server issue.

Bret
    WX7Y

• Russ Miller
    Russ Miller Member
    edited July 2017
    I have just experienced the behavior Mike describes. I am trying to connect to my 6500 via smart link, the radio shows up as available in smartlink with a WAN IP # but nothing happens when I click to connect. SSDR IOS returns to "You are not connected, Tap here....". I get the same behavior using my iPad on a LAN here at the car dealer, and also on my iPhone using AT&T LTE. I am not confident that I am not the problem as this is my first attempt at remote operation with SL. Russ N0HU
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    We just checked things on the server end and it looks like everything is in order.  A quick test of a remote radio was successful.  Let us know if you continue to have trouble.
  • KC9NRN
    KC9NRN Member
    edited July 2017
    Did anybody check out the logs from this morning to see if there were issues logged? Do you have logging turned on so issues can be tracked when they occur? 
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Yes to logging.  Nothing unusual reported this morning in any of our categories.  A quick search says that the platform as a whole has been stable as well.
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Jim,

Un-registering, then re-registering did the trick here.   I wonder why it happened?

Also, has it happened to anyone more than once?  Sort of tough to rectify from a distance with the radio keying requirement.  Too bad Wemo stopped selling their "Maker" module.
  • Russ Miller
    Russ Miller Member
    edited July 2017
    I solved my particular issue. The google fiber router does not accommodate static IP addresses and it had assigned a different address to the radio. This invalidated the port forwarding rules I had defined for smart link. Once I corrected the radio's address in the port forwarding rules, smart link works again. So the problem in my case was my home network. Russ N0HU

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.