Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unable to register with Smartlin servers

Jim-KA4OJN
Jim-KA4OJN Member
edited August 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am running a 6700 signature.  Yesterday I was able to register and unregister with the smartlink servers.  Today I am getting a message can't connect to servers.  I powered down 12v.  Powered it up and then did a master reset.  Same thing.  I am connected to the Internet.  I also have not been able to connect the ports but that is because I am behind two routers.  Only one of them is using DHCP.  I will figure out that portion after I can again connect to the smartlink servers.

Thanks,
Jim KA4OJN

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Make sure you are not connected to a VPN. That will confuse the Smartlink server.

Jim, K6QE

• Jim-KA4OJN
    Jim-KA4OJN Member
    edited July 2017
    Hi,  I do not have a VPN connected.  Now I get the chooser screen where it says that the radio is available but when I try and connect I just get the circle going around.

Thanks
    Jim KA4OJN
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

I had that same problem with my iPad until I realized I was connected to a VPN. As soon as I got on the LAN, it immediately recognized me. Hope you get it solved.

Jim, k6QE

• Jim-KA4OJN
    Jim-KA4OJN Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi,
    After the master reset the IP address reset.  I turned on DHCP behind this router to get an IP address than set a static address and now I am connecting with the radio again.  I am on the LAN as I have not gotten smartlink going yet.  Everything but SmartLink appears to be working.  I have opened the ports in both routers but no luck.  I can now register the radio with the SmartLink servers.  So all that is left is finding out how to open the ports the way the radio wants them.

Thanks
    Jim KA4OJN

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.