Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

display rate smartlink

Options
Marc Lalonde
Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi  just playing whit V2 and find that "display rate"  so panadapteur update rate have  great effect on bandwidth  , anything over 40  and my network go from good to pour whit dropped frame

but i was alway under assumption until now that panadapter was compute on local PC baser on "spectrun display"   date ?  

any comment on that ?

p.s. thank for V2 i now able to use my new shack ,only need to complete the tower and  put on op the 2M EME stack

Marc  VE2OLM

Answers

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Marc,

With a higher refresh rate the radio must send more data. Otherwise it can't provide the requested resolution. V2 exposes a lot of Internet issues when it comes to near real time signal processing.

Have fun and I love the picture.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi  but the "rate" not seem to affect the spectrum display only the water fall portion ?

and usually water fall may compute on client side

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Please look at page 46 of the manual for the controls that effect the spectrum display.

Mack

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-user-guide-pdf/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.