Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

minimize CAT and DAX to the system tray?

Jason NR0X
Jason NR0X Member
edited April 2020 in New Ideas
DISCLAIMER: This is not a big deal.

Since I got my new F6700, I've noticed that my windows taskbar has become so full of running programs.  I had the thought that if I could minimize the CAT and DAX windows to the system tray, down by the clock, it would help to clean up my screen a little.  Just a thought.

Comments

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Actually, they used to have that behavior but lost it sometime in the last year or so. I agree, they could both go back to the tray. They would probably benefit from having their icons become dramatically different colors in the process to help tell them apart in the tray. CAT has become less and less important as more 3rd party programs are using IP connections instead of serial and I rarely use the DAX panel except for troubleshooting.
  • Gastonet
    Gastonet Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I use this: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/trayit.html very useful and free.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Another idea; you can set the task bar to only display when your mouse cursor hovers over the area.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I use a small utility I found on Sourceforge to do this, it's called RBtray. I run it as a start job in windows. if you right click the - (minimize) button the window will minimize to the tray, left clicking it will produce the normal result.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/rbtray/?source=directory

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Why not minimuze it to the task bar? I loathed it when they were hidden away.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Differing opinions about background services minimizing to the taskbar I guess. I don't need to interact with DAX and SmartCat near as much as I do SmartSDR. Which is part of why I like RBtray. it temporarily minimizes what you want to the tray, not permanently, it only sends things to the tray when you right click instead of left click to minimize. My taskbar is usually very full, moving buttons that get used less, off of it helps. The OP asked how this could be done, so I passed along a method to do it.image 

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jason NR0X
    Jason NR0X Member
    edited March 2017
    I tried Rbtray that Jay NO5J suggested.  It's a simple program, and works just as he said. its Perfect!

Thanks, Jay!

Jason NR0X
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Not sure why this idea hasn't got any love.  I dont run CAT or DAX most the time because I don't like them taking up valuable real estate on my taskbar.  Would love this option.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Minimize the apps.  When you shut down your PC, the next time it is booted up they will be minimized.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    ?

I want them minimized to tray and not just the task bar.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

I Agree, once the user has their DAX & CAT setup there is no need for it to live on the Taskbar. The System-tray makes more sense and is still easily accessible if changes need to be made. Also windows 10 allows you to select

witch tray icon are shown or hidden all the time.

No big deal just an extra bit of elegance.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.