Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro shuts down audio!

Lasse Moell
Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
edited July 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I was helping a new Flex owner setting up his brand new 6500 and Maestro. Everything went OK, and after updating radio and Maestro to 1.10.16, we were ready to play. Using Maestro front speaker to supply audio, only a few seconds later we lost all audio out of the Maestro. Nothing heard using  headphones at Maestro either. Only way was to use radio to supply audio. A Maestro re-boot brought back audio, but it only too a few more seconds to drop again. It seems to be linked to using the volume knob, when adjusting the volume, it just vanish and Maestro needs to be re-booted. Both radio and Maestro have been rebooted several times, we still have this problem. Radio and Maestro are both using wired TCP/IP connection to router.

I have seen a few mentioning similar problems over the years here on the forum, but never a solution, and if this is a software orharware problem or maybe a combination of this?

Comments

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Lasse

Can you do a test with a different LAN cable plugged right into the radio and Maestro only and see if you get the same problem?  This would just be as a test.

Let us know if the problem persists.  If it does, I'd recommend you open a support ticket.

Mike va3mw
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I will try to get the owner to reroute the cable... (he's 200 miles from me) but as the panafall was running buttersmooth, and everything else seemed OK with Maestro, it seems to me it should not be a TCP/IP-related problem.
    Have just asked for the s/w version currently loaded in Maestro, forgot to write this down when installing it.

/Lasse SM5GLC
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have seen my maestro act similar with a low battery, of course this was with it not on AC power.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    Lasse - I agree with Larry.  If the Maestro is running off a battery, use the AC power adapter.  If the problem stops happening, then you have a discharged or malfunctioning battery.
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Maestro was powered by the normal AC supply. But what may cause problems is that the "famous" battery had not been recharged for a prolonged time, and could be on the edgle. Will have him to try Maestro tomorrow now that it has been charging a few days.
  • Lasse Moell
    Lasse Moell Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I had a chance to look into this past weekend. Maestro did perform perfectly, and it had been powered by mains for several hours, so I assumed it really was down to the internal battery. But to my dismay, I just received a phonecall telling me that the Maestro audio had crapped out again. So it seems to be a hardware issue, unless there is something else I could try? BTW it affects both the headphones and front speaker on Maestro.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.