Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

recording audio in the 6300

clint yates
clint yates Member ✭✭
i am trying to record my transmit audio to audacity. does anyone know how to do that? recording the receive is no problem.  I have the 6300.

Answers

• N3NER
    N3NER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Its done the same way, if you start recording then transmit, it will record your out going audio. 
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    i am talking about the program Audacity, it is a 3rd party audio program. it doesnt record my tx audio but does record the rx audio.cant figure out how to make it see the tx audio. 
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I haven't found a way to do it yet.  As a work-around, I use my USB Mixer with my Heil PR22 mike and record with Audacity from the USB Mixer audio channel.  I record it with the mixer flat.  Then I use the Compression effect to gently compress and level the audio and export the audio as a .WAV file into my Contest Program's audio directory.  (I use N1MM+)  All the major equalizing and processing is done on the Flex 6500 itself.

This works in a pinch until such time as FRS implements the ability to record and save TX audio to a file. 

Ken - NM9P
  • clint yates
    clint yates Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Thx ken,I couldn't find a way to do it . But your workaround is something I will try
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I was recently trying to do this, to no avail.  I"m looking to record or capture my SSDR screen with the transmitted audio audible when I play back the video.  I can hear my transmitted digital tones by capturing the audio from DAX TX 1 .  Is there no way to do this from our Mic ?  I could swear I have seen videos demonstrating a Flex where the transmitted  audio is captured.   Maybe I am missing something simple. 
    Andy K3UK
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Use the DAX Mic Stream Audio - it is connected to the TX audio channel.
    It will send either the MIC audio, or the audio you are sending to the transmitter via the DAX TX Audio channel.  It won't do both at the same time.  But it will do one or the other.  If you leave DAX ON, then it may not send your live MIC audio.

Caveat:  The audio you get from MIC Stream is PRE-filter/EQ/PROC.  So it will NOT sound exactly like your transmitted signal.

I don't know if this changed in a recent release or not.  I haven't checked it for a while.

Ken - NM9P
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I thought i tried that yesterday with no success...  but will go back and try again.
    Andy K3UK
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    If you are using OBS to capture video & audio, OBS has two audio input channels...
    Set one to DAX MIC Stream.  Set the other to DAX RX of the slice channel you are receiving.  (Be sure to activate the proper DAX channels in the DAX Control panel and select a DAX channel in the RX slice.)

I will test this out again this evening.  I haven't done it in a while.....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.