Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connect Log4OM to Flex-6300

Jose B Rivera
Jose B Rivera Member ✭✭
I am trying to connect my Flex-6300 to Log4OM. Is there a step by step guide on how to connect these two. I believe one no longer needs VSP or OmniRig or HamLib. Just SmartSDR's CAT. If so, then what do I enter in SmartSDR and in Log4OM?

Answers

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I'm still using OmniRig but would love to ditch it if there were a way. I will be watching this thread closely.

I have a 6300 and use Log4OM, which I can't say enough praise about. When I go into settings, and then CAT and Cluster, I only see OmniRig and Hamlib as the two options.
  • Jose B Rivera
    Jose B Rivera Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yes, its the same thing I see.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Can't say for sure, but as far as I know, Omnirig is still needed. That's how I'm running it with my 6500, which is on the latest Beta.
  • Jose B Rivera
    Jose B Rivera Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Duane, you were right. Having never used OmniRig, I downloaded it, set it up and now the radio, logger and SmartSDR are working together. It's good to have a logging program which extracts data from QRZ for me.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Yes, Log4OM still needs OmniRig which does not natively support RTTY mode. Log4OM 2.0 is supposed to address this but no timeframe for that release. Since I still have a subscription the Ham Radio Deluxe, I tried the latest version using the HRD server in DDUtil. It does work a lot better now and they have fixed the Logbook blanking issue. I have been using both logbooks with success. The only issue I have with HRD Logbook is the author of JT Alert deciding to abandon automatic Logbook updates to HRD 6+ due to HRD's past policies. A shame but that is his perogative. Dave wo2x
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    HamLib support is there but it is not as good as OmniRig. So for now you're stuck with OmniRig. 
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Same reason I abandoned them. That and the DX cluster filters never worked right. Log4OM's works very well. 
  • Peter Bacon
    Peter Bacon Member
    edited June 2020
    We recommend you use Omnirig between SmartSDR and Log4OM. Log4OM NG will be a while yet as the software developer has heavy work commitments at the moment. 73 Peter G3ZSS (Log4OM team).
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Hi Peter The only issue I have is Log4OM/OmniRig combo does not support RTTY mode with the Flex. I ran a RTTY contest (over 200 Q's) only to find them logged as SSB. The author of OmniRig already compensated for this but it also requires a change to Log4OM. Maybe since NG is going to be delayed Danielle can incorporate the change to 1.x? 73 Dave wo2x
  • Peter Bacon
    Peter Bacon Member
    edited March 2017
    Dave, I believe the issue is with Omnirig as it has a DIG-U and DIG-L mode to describe any data mode.  I operate RTTY using FLdigi which integrates nicely with Log4OM when it comes to logging.  73 Peter
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Peter, does that mean that Log4OM logs the RTTY contact as RTTY, and that the frequency it posts for spots are the "Mark" frequency, as is expected on RTTY spots? . (and that jumping on a spot also lands you on the correct "Mark" freq?) I only ask because I had problems with FLDigi running RTTY and moved to MMTTY which can be set up to jump on spots OK, but logging is still broken.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.