Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 5000a/ Heil Pro Elite = Horrible rfi

Larry Williamson
Larry Williamson Member ✭✭

I am running the Flex Radio 5000a. I recently purchased the Heil pro elite 6 headset along with the Heil AD-1-Y Yaesu/Ten-Tec 8 Pin Round Adapter.

This adapter connects into the front of the Flex

Problem---- Horrible rfi in the headset speakers etc..

FYI---I recorded my signal via web SDR for 1 hour and did NOT hear any rf in my signal.

I have read where the Heil mic's may not be wired correctly for the Flex radios.

Does the also pertain to the Headsets?

As Always—Thank You for the help

FYI-- The Yamaha CM500 is clean

Larry

Answers

• Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Same here before I found this info. I soldered a jumper and the RF was gone!
    Tom, I had the same problems with my Heil Pro-Set and the AD-1 Y adapter. I  think you said part of the solution, but to clarify, the AD-1Y is not wired  per the Flex 5K requirements. Shield Ground is wired to pin 7 and Mic(-) is  wired to pin 5 (thus the RFI loop). Just the opposite of what it should be.  I made my own adapter per the Flex 5K requirement and all the problems went  away.    When I talked to Dudley he said he would add this to the KB. It is clearly a  problem for those using the AD-1 Y adapter for any mic. Changing the AD-1 Y  wiring is a bit tricky and it is faster to just make your own.    Val Walker, N0QW
  • Larry Williamson
    edited March 2017

Can you tell me what you jumped?

This sounds encouraging --- Thank You

• Larry Williamson
    edited June 2018

More searching in the forums and located this from Tim. Hopefully this will work!

"To correct this problem, remove the electrical connection or bond between Pin5 and Pin7.  Also make sure that the cable shield, which should be connected to Pin5 is also connected to the shell of the 8-pin Foster connector.  This should resolve any RFI issue you experiencing related to using the CC-1-Y mic cable with the FLEX-5000."  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.