Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR CAT lost the COM port setup

Gonzalo
Gonzalo Member ✭✭
Hi All,
I'm running a Flex-6700 v.1.10.16 on W7. I turned on the computer today to find that SmartSDR CAT had lost the COM port settings. I tried to add them but now it only offers different ports that are in use by other devices. When I go to the device manager, the old ports are still assigned to Flex. I tried uninstalling them but they persist. I could set it up again on higher ports but it creates a big hassle as I have to reprogram all the applications that control the Flex. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Comments

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    This is becoming a common theme again.

I recently had problems after the 1.10 upgrade. SmartCAT showed I lost all the ports I set up. Your safest bet, considering there could be multiple causes, is to hope a ticket with Flex.

In Device Manager, if you go to View, Show Hidden Devices, do you see duplicate ports, some grayed out? If so, these ghost ports could be your problem. I'm told you could also have a corrupted CAT config file. Too many possibilities. Even a reboot of the computer might help.

Safest is the helpdesk ticket. Good luck.

Kev K4VD

• David McVinnie
    David McVinnie Member
    edited March 2017
    Same thing here.  Slice A wants port 6.  Talks to the DAX control panel but CAT (tx and frequency) are unresponsive.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.