Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Outdated Setup Info for flex 3000 Causing Frustration

I've found help files to set up WSjt65, Fldigi, and Digipan that don't help me. Here's one suggestion in a request for help. http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50485.aspx It's outdated. The FLdigi rigcat file is no where to be found server so you are sent to FLdigi open source file list, none of which is the right one for the Flex3000. I use DXLabs and tried to set up using the following link: http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PowerSDRCommanderWinWarbler I got stuck after about three steps as the writer uses different virtual cables. Same problems trying to set up Digipan and JT65-hf hb9hqx. I get close, but one uses Virtual Cables from a russian guy and there's three other distributors. I know they SHOULD all work the same, but... After three weeks of searching for help online and finding articles that are CLOSE to helping but hang up when trying to set up PTT and CAT with virtual ports and cables, I'm not sure it's worth keeping if I can't use digital modes. With the poor sun conditions, SSB isn't much of an option for a few years. I've set up PowerSDR 2.8.0 on my Windows 7 machine using videos by G7CNF's hour and 20 minute video at https://youtu.be/TwX5ux4xNmk. Very Good. I now use PowerSDR 2.8.16 and am able to get some information from http://ke9ns.com/flexpage.html who suggests the following, which I've acquired: VspMgr for setting up virtual serial ports. DDUtil v3 Three Virtual Cables from VBCable I've tried FLDigi often but can never get it set up to control the radio. I've been using JT65-HF HB9HQX 4.7 for jt65 and don't want to go back to other less robust versions for that mode, although I may have to. I like DigiPan for PSK31 and WSPR for Weak Signal Propagation I've read parts of the Flex3000 manual but since I have no understanding/experience with the radio telling me to read the fine manual isn't much help. I've had that happen and can't for the life of me figure out why that's helpful. The manuals are written by folks who know the programs. They'd be helpful if they were written by folks with very little experience with the apps and who are learning the kewl things about them as they go along. But I digress. Help is appreciated. W7FZY

Answers

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    David

Your 3000 should be able to use Kenwood TS-2000 CAT setup in Fldigi if I remember correctly. The Legacy Flex's all speak Kenwood TS-2000 optionally. 

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019

David
    I was able to download the PowerSDR.xml file from sourceforge just now. I can email it to you if you'd rather not use the TS-2000 setup.

Click on the #Flexradio link in my signature and I'll be more than happy to get you setup right for Fldigi.

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Dave Dahlberg
    Dave Dahlberg Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for your help, Jay. Things are running well. Realized that I had to change out the mic element on my HEIL headphones. The new HC7 Dynamic Element replaces the ICOM element I was using for my Icom 706 mk2G. Now I have both.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.