Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I recently bought a Radiosport headset RS60CF with the M360 element

Russ
Russ Member ✭✭
I recently bought a Radiosport headset RS60CF with the M360 element and although I've followed their  set up guide I'm not having much luck.  I can get my Heil Pro Set to work but I must be confused about the  settings.  I'm using the latest download and have the 6300.   Help...

Answers

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    1) Make sure that you did not accidentally plug the 8-pin mic connector in upside down.  Some connectors seem to be able to be inserted backwards (I t seems that with the slot and tab they should not, but it has been reported to have happened.) It can happen if you plug it in under low-light conditions. 

2) Have you double-checked that you are using the MIC setting on the MIC profile?  (it shouldn't be that much of an issue with a 6300, because there is no BAL input to confuse it with, but I have seen all manner of problems)

3) Have you checked to make sure that the the Bias option is ON in the Setup tab?  
    As a condenser mic, it needs the bias voltage or it will not work.

4) Have you used a continuity tester to make sure that the mic cable is wired correctly?  The pinout diagram is in the 6000 hardware manual downloadable from the Flexradio website.

Ken - NM9P
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    If this is one that uses the headset to radio cable with the in-line circuitry confirm that the DIP-switches are set correctly. Hmmm... I found the information on a sheet in my order, but of course I did not even look until I had troubles. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I use the M360 profile with success. As Ken has said, make sure you have the proper input in SSDR enabled. You may or may not need bias. I am not really sure if you do for that element. But it can be the difference between it working or not. 

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    The M360 does need bias. Dave wo2x
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

The switches I had set in my instance were those INSIDE the Y-cable junction (red circle on picture):

My cable arrived with these set opposite of what was needed in the end.

Steve K9ZW

• Russ
    Russ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Well I think my issue was that although I selected the 360 element in the drop down, I didn't hit load before I hit save.  I have RF out now so I'm happy, but not sure why the pup-up says I can't change the default for mic but maybe the global setting is where it should be now.  SDR sure is humbling...  Tnx for all the replies and your time.  73's  Russ  K5ZZR
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    If you want to save a Default Mic Profile, you must save it with a different name.  Having the defaults as "read only" lets people go back and recover the default profile if they really get messed up.  But you can start with the default profile and modify it extensively:

Set one with more narrow bandwidth, more PROC, and high boost for DXing. (Call it "M360-DX")  

Set another one a bit wider with a little more bass and PROC = NORMAL for Rag Chewing - (Call it "M360-Rag"),

Set still another much wider with broadcast quality EQ and no PROC - (Save it as "M360-ESSB").  

The possibilities are endless.
    When you master the Mic Profiles, export the Default profiles to a file all their own, delete them from your rig, and reorganize your profiles for maximum convenience, saving only the ones you use.  But remember where you stored the exported Default ones, you may need them later if you get a new mike....Or you may be good enough at fine-tuning your audio that you don't need default Mic profiles any more.

Good luck.

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.