Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power level persistence when using a transverter

Joe - KC2TN
Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows

I’m experiencing persistence problems with my 6700 on both
the latest production release and also on the Beta release 1.10.15.33.

This problem has actually been going on for a while but I hadn’t tried to nail it down to a particular cause. For that matter, I wasn’t sure if the problem might even be related to an incorrect configuration of memories or profiles.

My major persistence concern are the power level settings are not being remembered across my transverter bands. While changing bands from any HF or 6M frequency to one of my transverters (I have 7 of them), the power levels set for each transverter band always jumps to 100. Even if I adjust the power level to 20 on each transverter and then I switch to another band and come back to the previous band the level jumps back to 100.

Just to be clear, I’m referring to switching between bands and transverters while using a single set of predefined profiles. Even with DEFAULT profiles it’s my understanding that the power levels should be remembered during the entire session of switching between bands WITHOUT the need to bring up a different profile for a particular band while operating  SSB.

So here’s what I’ve done so far.

I’ve RESET the radio to factory settings (using the HOLD the OK button and Power ON trick)

I DID NOT reload any of my saved settings, preferences or profiles after the reset.

I created a New Global profile, transmit profile and Mic profile.

I’ve pulled the USB cable from the 6700 which fed Band Data to my Bandswitcher and left it disconnected.

I’ve turned OFF DDutil and my logging program so as NOT to have any 3rd party program influence.

I manually added a transverter.

I’ve set the power levels for the transverter and saved it to the transmit profile.

So basically I’m running the 6700 BAREBONES with a few basic settings to test persistence.

Even with ALL of the above completed I still can’t get the power settings to be PERSISTENT when changing to transverter bands!

Note that power settings ARE persistent across ALL other HF bands, including the built-in 2M band.

So, it appears transverters will NOT hold their power levels, but revert to 100 after each band change.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This issue is already in our bug tracker as issue #4524.  Thanks for your report.  I have added it to the bug detail report.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I would recommend upgrading to the non-beta version of 1.10 (1.10.16) and see if the issue is reproducible on it.
  • Joe - KC2TN
    Joe - KC2TN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Downloaded and loaded 1.10.16 and waddaya know! it appears to be working now. Guess I should have looked into 1.10.16 a little sooner. But I've been dealing with this problem for so long and after talking with Dudley about it a few weeks ago, I didn't think it would have bubbled up to the top.

In any case I will continue to run 1.10.16 for a while and see how it goes. Glad it's fixed before the upcoming Sprints.

Another fine job!!!

On another note, is there a way to look at the Bug Tracker List?

I did try and search the community for this problem but couldn't find anything.

• Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited March 2017
    Just a suggestion, whilst the persistance issue is being sorted, save a global profile for each tvtr with the correct power settings. I have seperate global settings for cw ssb and wsjt on my 4m tvtr as the power drive levels for each mode is different to correctly drive my solid state amp.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Good job getting this fixed, now, Icing on the cake for me and using transverters would be a visual cue in the main smartsdr window as to which tx relay is enabled and disabled, and even timings. Instead of having to hunt them down through several mouse clicks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.