Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

v1.10.15.33 observations so far

Steve G1XOW
Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
1) Looks like the VSP/DAX/CAT compatibility problems with W10 have been ironed out finally. I have tried installing the latest beta on W10 VMs with, and without 1511 and/or 1607 updates - all are fine. Even no issue after running the W10 upgrade process from 1511 and the onward to 1607 and all additional minor updates.

2) The cranky "profile not loading" behavior previous reported (and blamed on CMD Micro app) has gone. CMD Micro is back in the seat and no issues observed with latest SSDR so far.

3) Only problem that remains is when switching bands with VOX already engaged, sometimes causes MOX to come on and stay on.

73 de Steve G1XOW

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    3) Only problem that remains is when switching bands with VOX already engaged, sometimes causes MOX to come on and stay on.

I do not see this behavior listed in our bug tracker, so I entered a new issue, #4424 specifically for it.
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Steve - are you simultaneously running any other virtual serial port software such as VSP Manager, VSPE or Comm0Comm?
    RIck, W2JAZ
  • Steve G1XOW
    Steve G1XOW Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thanks Tim,
    To be clear I don't think this recently became an issue just in the latest beta releases. I thought I'd reported this about 6-8 months ago but I may be wrong.
    To add a little background, I use VOX 100% of the time as I'm almost entirely an SSB DX chaser op. Sometimes I see odd behavior.  For example:-

I take the headset off and put it on the desk still with VOX engaged. Sometime later, maybe half hour or more, a noise in the shack (dog barking for example) triggers VOX which then instantly engages MOX as you would expect but it stays "latched" on as though I had pressed MOX.

I have also seen it do something similar when starting the SSDR app for the first time where VOX was still engaged (persistent) from the previous run. What happens then is that as soon as the app loads and the waterfall starts to flow the MOX will self-engage and a manual click is required to disengage it.

MIC connection is via front panel on 6500 with BIAS enabled and also set to show mic input level on meter during receive.

73 de Steve G1XOW

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I reported that several months ago with V1.9.13... At that time I noticed it when I had slice A on RTTY and was using VOX to key 6500 and would switch slices to any other band the 6500 would keyup with MOX lit....  I now use PTT to key up RTTY so don't have VOX selected so not a problem any more.
  • John, G3WKL
    John, G3WKL Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Thanks Steve for undertaking the tests and for sharing the outcomes.

Concerning VSP/DAX/CAT compatibility problems, does this mean that the advice below for undertaking the monthly WIn10 updates doesn't need to be followed?  Maybe, it would be wise still to do the uninstall/install for major Win10 updates such as the forthcoming Creator's (1703?) update.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204975589-How-to-do-a-Complete-uninstall-of-SmartSD...

It would be good not to have to do the SSRD/VSP/DAX uninstall/reinstall each month, and to allow my PC to connect to the Ethernet by cable rather than WiFi (I hold off automatic software updates by invoking the "tariff" option on my Win10 Home platform).  

Maybe, I missed a FRS announcement on this?

John, G3WKL

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.