Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.10.15 question

John VK3XM
John VK3XM Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi, as a new 6500 user (5 Weeks) I have been running SmartSDR 1.10.8 with no problems other than those of my own making while learning.  My question is,  if I want to upgrade to the latest version do I install over the top as one does with normal Win apps or do I have to do an uninstall first?

Thanks for any advice.

John VK3XM

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    You should be able install without uninstalling. With that said I have made a practice of uninstalling all FlexRadio software  rebooting and installing new and rebooting again. Of course you want to backup you profiles first in either case.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Read the release notes that comes with every version BEFORE you install or un-install anything.

Most of the time you want to leave the drivers installed but FLEX will tell you in the Release Notes.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.