Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR v1.10.15 BETA and VSP in use

Norm - W7CK
Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
edited July 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Since v1.10.8 had some issues with the VSP flagging COM ports as "in use", I reverted back to v1.9.13 and have been using that version without issue.

After reading through the v1.10.15_Beta release notes, I see we're still waiting for a fix to the VSP driver. 

My question is:  Can I install v1.10.15_Beta but skip the VSP during the installation process and continue to use the older VSP that came with v1.10.8?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Not easily and I do not recommend using components of the SmartSDR ecosystem out of sync. Just use the interim workaround to reset the Windows com port reservation (in use) flag. https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-...
  • Rick
    Rick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I've found that this beta version of SmartCAT doesn't play nice with vspe and possibly other virtual serial port applications. If you can avoid running them both together you'll be fine. If not maybe you can close SmartCAT while you are using vsp for some other activity. If the other activities are in conjunction with SmartCAT then you may be out of luck until they release the solid next version that isn't beta. I've found that one or the other locks up when I try to run both and not because I have duplicated ports. It seemed to act like kids fighting over a toy....no it's mine now! I've found no apparent reason why this problem exists but I'm no engineer and have documented the issues with FRS staff several times. I'm sure it will be fixed by the time they remove "beta" from the release.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.