Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I'm still trying to get N1MM+ working. RX, TX, decoding, radio control, etc all seemed to be working

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm still trying to get N1MM+ working. RX, TX, decoding, radio control, etc all seemed to be working OK. But now some how I have lost the MMTTY and 2 Tone Decode Windows and have not found anyway to get them back. When I go to the Main Entry window and select the "Window" Tab then select the "Digital Interface" Tab, nothing happens. It originally gave me a whole Table of selections,now no new windows show up, no error messages, nothing changes at all. Trying to read all the manuals but so far nothing helps. Anybody have any ideas. Al, N4AB

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Al,

Just ruling out the obvious here, but are you setup for a RTTY or digital contest? If you're not setup for one you won't get the DI window open. 

You can try this - File > open log in database (or new log in database) and then select "DX" as the contest. Make sure the mode is set to "RTTY". It should pop up the DI window when you press OK.

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Been there done that.  Do what Ria is suggesting.  If you have N1MM running and close the MMTTY windows, MMTTY will not be called the next time N1MM is run even if it has a RTTY log open.   If you close N1MM with MMTTY running, both apps will then boot up together as expected.

You have to start N1MM, then go to it's "FILE" drop down, then start a RTTY log from there, either an existing  or a new one.  That will cause N1MM to call the MMTTY application.  You should have the RTTY sound card and Engine windows back and operating.  That is of course if you have not changed the settings from where you first got the two apps running together.

I spent several hours over a span of two days thrashing around in the china closet trying to get the MMTTY windows back running.  I broke more stuff than I fixed in those two days.

Regards

Gayle K0FLY

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    A little trick that usually works, if you close the dig window, providing that you are setup properly in the digital tab try simply typing RTTY in the log callsign window.  usually they will open right back up. 
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Thanks Ria, Gayle and Chris
     Tried everything and No Joy at all. But I took another Picture of what shows up on my screen. This also shows that I am set up  (I think) for the CQ WPX RTTY contest. I think I will have to start over with a complete uninstall and reload. Thanks again for trying to help.
    Al, image  N4AB
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited January 2017
    Reinstalling N1MM never seems to work for me. The solution to most problems is usually staring me right in the face but I don't recognize it until I've poked around a while. 

N1MM uses a database to store multiple contests. You can always add or open different contests by using the file menu and selecting the appropriate log task.

As soon as I open a new log file set for CQ WPX RTTY my DI-1 window opens along with the MMTTY window. I manually start 2Tone as a secondary decoder.

When you hover the  mouse over the N1MM icon in your task bar do you see the DI-1 window there?

If you see it there but it won't open - maybe it is opening off screen? Right click it, select move, then use your arrow keys until it comes back onto the display.

It's hard to understand how MMTTY and 2Tone are starting up with out the DI window. I just get the feeling it has to be there somewhere.

Kev K4VD

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    This is most likely not related to the flex, and the best bet would be to bounce it by the N1MM logger plus yahoo group.  Its a great resource
    N1MMLoggerplus@yahoogroups.com
    I am sure you will figure it out.

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited January 2017
    Another thing I noticed Al is that, if I close the DI window it will close MMTTY and 2Tone automatically so I'm really suspecting the DI window is hiding there somewhere.

K

• N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Thank You Kevin and everyone else that tried to help. Kevin nailed it the D1 and D2 windows were shown on the task bar but not as a Digital D1/D2 window there was only a 3rd and 4th Box with a N1MM label on it (I think, but do not really remember what it looked like). Right clicking the boxes brought up a Menu of about 5 items including "Restore" for each box. A left click was all it took to get the D1 and D2 windows back. then all I had to do was add D2 into the D! window.. so now all I have to do is figure out how to use N1MM, which so far has not been easy on my elderly brain. Thanks again everybody. Al, N4AB
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    awesome...
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    This is the Full screenshot (48" monitor) image
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited January 2017
    Al... what make/model of monitor do you use? How is it working for you? I'm looking for a large monitor to replace 3 separate monitors (eventually).

Kev

• N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hi Kevin The Monitor is really a TV set. Its a Vizio model E48u-DO and is being driven by a HP I7 desktop computer with a Nividia GT 745 set for 4096 X 2160 resolution over one HDMI line. I have had it since early last summer and I am very pleased with the setup. After some trial and errors I got it all running and have had no problems since. I believe it cost just short of $450.00 at Costco. I took another screenshot of it with my 6700 shown full witdth (41" wide (48" diagonal)) with N1MM+, and Logic 9. Plus Flex DAX, Flex CAT and Flex Profile controls Be glad to answer any thing else you may think of. Al, N4ABimage
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited January 2017
    Amazing Al. I have been asking around about using a TV as a monitor but I got no good replies (various other forums). I currently have a 34" 21:9 4K monitor that cost me over $1K. On either side of that are 27" 16:9 4K monitors. Total cost... way to much! Real estate, not bad but it's still separate monitors so not a clean look and feel.

I'll be looking for a good TV.

Thanks,
    Kev

• N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    OK Kevin, I replaced three monitors myself and I know that this is much better. Especially chasing the mouse cursor around over the three screens. The cost was good compared to the HiDef monitors and if you don't like the result (I doubt it) put it in the living room. I know the Vizio E48u-DO will work very well at 4096 X 2160. (I had to use MS Paint to reduce the screenshot from 4096 X 2160 down to 2200 X 1160 to get it below 2 MB so I could upload it). As they say on TV "Try it, you'll like it". Good Luck, Al, N4AB
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVOhj244e30  You might try this video for help with your setup.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.