Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR and Easypal

W3EX -- Tom
W3EX -- Tom Member
edited September 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Is there any new information on selecting RX and TX ports in EASYPAL? DAX RX and DAX TX do not show up in the EASYPAL setup. 

Answers

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Happy new year, Tom!

EasyPAL newest edition October 2014
    http://www.vk3evl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57:easypal-downloads&...

I run EasyPAL like this:

You see that DAX Audio TX shows, but DAX Audio RX1 doesn't in this list of 11 soundcards!
    No problem: Just select DAX channel 2 both in the slice and the DAX control panel and set
    EasyPAL to DAX Audio RX 2.

Hope this works,

73, Alex - DH2ID
  • W3EX -- Tom
    W3EX -- Tom Member
    edited September 2017
    Yes that did work for receive. How about TX?
    Thanks very much.

• DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    You need a PTT port in SmartSDR CAT which you can set in EasyPAL like this:

Sorry that it is in German, but you surely can get the right
    settings.

My PTT port is always 7.

73, Alex - DH2ID
  • Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited January 2017
    I having the same problem with receive audio not getting to Easypal . 
    I have DAX set to channel 2 and can see the audio on the DAX popup
    but not getting any audio into Easypal , tried different version of Easypal
    using Win10 , but have tried on another computer with Win 7 and still I can't get to work
    I can get transmit to work using VOX as I haven't got to setting up the Cat control for Easypal yet. 
    I had easypal working on my Flex 3000 when I had it. 

I can get  Fldigi to work Ok  

Ray WB0HHM 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2017
    "I can get  Fldigi to work Ok"

At least that narrows down the troubleshooting to Easypal
  • Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited January 2017
    Yes it seems that way, the fellows above seem to have it working , maybe a setting in Easypal that I am missing?
  • W3EX -- Tom
    W3EX -- Tom Member
    edited January 2017
    This is very similar to my experience with my 6500 and easypal. I have given up at this point. Fldigi, HRD etc all work well.

• Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited January 2017
    Tom thanks for the information What version of HRD do you have and will it do what Easypal does?
  • AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

USE KENWOOD enter commport from Smartsdr Cat that uses PTT

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

This always pops up and is not a concern .This does not stop the operation just click ok and go.

It will happen everytime you use Easypal.

• AA0KM
    AA0KM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017

• W3EX -- Tom
    W3EX -- Tom Member
    edited January 2017
    HRD does not do what easypal does. I was just saying that I could set up HRD to work fine. I think there is something strange in Easypal that does not show all of the DAX circuits.
  • Ray Gustafson WB0HHM
    edited September 2017
    I finally got it to work the information from AA0KM did it for me  Thanks   Mary 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.