Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Complete uninstall 'after' updating to Windows 10

John AE5X
John AE5X Member
edited May 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I'm getting ready to follow Tim's uninstall procedure and notice that the procedure is intended to be done before the W10 update. My computer updating without having the courtesy of asking my first so I'll be doing the SSDR uninstall with W10 already on my PC.

Are there any additional (or different) steps I need to make to Tim's procedure?

Thanks/73,

John AE5X

PS - The procedure I'm referring to:
https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204975589-How-to-do-a-Complete-uninstall-of-SmartSD...

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    No changes are needed for a pre or post Windows upgrade "gift".

• John AE5X
    John AE5X Member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks Tim. I've started the uninstall but Step 7 directs me to uninstall FlexControlUninstall and directs me to the folder where it should be (but isn't). I can't find it anywhere on my PC (perhaps because my version of SSDR is older than the uninstall procedure is for)?

It should be in the folder shown in the pic:
  • John AE5X
    John AE5X Member
    edited March 2017
    Remove FlexControl driver, that is, with FlexControlUninstall...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2017
    You are looking at the All Apps menu.  You need to use File Manager and access it via the file system.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.