Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New 6300, New Software 1.9.13.173, No DAX

Ken Davis
Ken Davis Member ✭✭
edited June 2018 in SmartSDR CAT
New 6300 working great on current SSDR on W10. Trying to get DAX operating.. following SSDR guide but keep getting message:image  When I mouse over the RX slice 1 or 2 number the message opens that "DAX is not connected to radio... " Nothing about DAX is working.  I have reloaded twice with appropriate reboots.  I am at a loss.

Comments

• Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    What happens when you select a DAX channel on the slice itself, Ken? Ordinarily DAX channel 1. It's on the drop-downs at the bottom right of the Slice window.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Try the new Beta version, 1.10, which includes a new dax driver which improves compatibility with w10. I am currently running it and it works quite well. Don't let the "beta" label scare you away from it, it is fairly stable. And, as with all versions, you can downgrade anytime to a previous one if it doesn't work for you.
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I think that's exactly what your problem is, because it says that at the bottom of that message. Give it a try and let us know. No need to reload any more. 

As well, make certain to select DAX in the appropriate Window on the right hand side. when you go to use whatever you are using DAX for.
  • Giulio
    Giulio Member
    edited June 2018
    Same problem here... I think it is a windows update problem... Giulio IZ3EAW
  • Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    When i sent the email last night nothing was working. I did select the DAX on the slice A and I also started slice B and changed the DAX channel to 2 but still same message.  Not sure what has happened but this morning, it is playing perfect. I shut down all the Flex programs but not the pc.  Not sure what happened but i have a :-) until it breaks again. Thank you for your input.  Maybe we will meet on the air someday. 73 - W0KRD
  • Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    This morning when I started Flex up, all is working as designed. This is a head scratcher now.  If it breaks again, I will go to 1.10 for sure. Thanks for your response and hope to make contact someday. 73 - W0KRD
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sure thing Ken. Good luck getting it all sorted out. I am sticking to Windows 7 until I cannot avoid it :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.