Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

NR and ANF in SSDR 1.10.8.39 are fantastic!

Clay N9IO
Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Just installed SSDR 1.10.8.39 finally since I took the day off, YAY!

NR and ANF are fantastic! 

Not a net guy but went to 40m phone to experiment.
Found a net where a couple of folks inevitably tuned up in the passband of the net op.
How fantastic to hear both NR and ANF work so well, WOW!
Been waiting for this to happen as I am sure many of you have as well.
A good ANF is so very important in contesting and general operating.

Thanks Flex team (you know who you are), seriously made my day!

BTW: The new USB support is just icing on the cake.
In the process of installing an opto coupled W9XT (Unified Microsystems) high driver board to my Six-Pak antenna controller via the USB parallel dongle I received from Flex, solder smoke shall commence shortly.

Congrats all!!!
Go Flex!!!

Comments

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I thought the NR had changed for the better, not muffled, much clearer, but I couldnt see it in the release notes
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Wayne,
    Yes definite difference, not muffled and very clear. 

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I would love to upgrade to this new release ( currently running 1.6.x) but I just moved and the ONLY internet available at my new QTH is DSL at 1.5 mb/s.
    Is this even possible to do?     73 All, Jim
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Shouldn't be an issue. The installer is only about 50mb and even with DSL downloading will be quick.

The thing I don't know is whether you can go directly from 1.6.x to 1.10.8.

Jon...kf2e
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My internet is 1mb/s out here in the country with a 900mhz moto canopy radio connection.  Just stay off facebook if you want to ever finish the download, ha...
    Non issue to me.
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    1.6  OMG so much has happened since then!
    The Maestro update took about 10-15 minutes too
    but then I have learned to be patient.  Beats dial-up...
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    James and Jon,
    No problem going from one version to ANY other.
    I know they say you don't necessarily have to uninstall
    but the only time I did not I had an anomaly come up.
    Since then a clean uninstall has worked perfectly EVERY time.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204975589-How-to-do-a-Complete-uninstall-of-SmartSD...

• James Del Principe
    James Del Principe Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My sincere thanks to all of you. I feel much more confident now and will try it this evening.   73 all, Jim
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    WOW!
    This new version 1.10.8 is sure working well.  I been having troubles with Win 10 since this last update. However, this version 99.9% of the problems have been solved!
    Thank you Flex for the update...
  • Tom    N5MOA
    Tom N5MOA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yes, thanks for the update.

Getting the issue with TUNE in cw mode, and the TX DELAY in cw mode, fixed took care of the pwr out drive problems I was having when trying to use my amp.

It was only a problem driving the amp in cw. Any other mode was fine. Happy camper now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.